error 0x8007025D during Windows 8.1 install from USB

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
the title says it all....I don't have an optic drive, so only USB install goes, I have no OS and the Hard Drive is formatted and cleaned....

Had Windows 8.1 before on the same laptop, but had to do a clean install to fix some problems.
.iso has been downloaded from the Microsoft site, and burned to USB with their official program, so I don't have an idea what to do....

Help :(

If you are using a USB stick that is using USB 3.0 or a USB 3.0 port, this error can occur.

If that does not work for you, here is a link to Microsoft. It says 'upgrade only' but select 8.1, enter your CD Key, click Install from Media, click USB, and then the program will download and install to the USB.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

Restart at that point, and follow the prompts.

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

well the laptop I'm trying to install it to doesn't have an OS, will it still work?
btw, switching to the other USB port kinda did something...before the error popped up at 18% 3 times in a row, now it got to 27%....maybe it has something to do with the USB flash overheating?

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

yeah, I got a desktop...tried it tho, it seems that my cd key doesn't work for some unknown reason :/

I'll try to cool the USB, I'm not expecting much of it, but since I'm getting desperate, a long shot is still a shot

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

yes I know....tried both just to be sure....I have a Windows 8 DVD that works 100%, so now I am extracting from it and creating .iso file to put on my USB Flash with Rufus...if that don't do it, I give up...