Error 0xc000000f \system32\winload.exe

Yves99

Reputable
May 4, 2015
I have a Fujitsu life book a544 running windows 8.1 and this error suddenly appeared I've searched through many solutions such has recovery disk, bios setting and leaving the charger out however none have worked, my problem is during this blue screen the keys at the bottom displayed are only "enter to try again" and "f8 for start-up setting" but when I press f8 I only get brough back to the blue recovery screen
For the recovery disk to work for 64bit windows 8.1 I need secure boot enabled via bios screen but via bios screen it is all greyed out and can't be edited, if someone could please help me I've have this laptop for under 2 years and the warrenty has only just run out

Solution
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000f (3221225487) - {File Not Found} The file %hs does not exist.

since you are running windows 8.1, if you can boot then run cmd.exe as an admin, then run
sfc.exe /scannow
then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I would think it should work after this or you could:
restore it manually:
http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/restoring_winload/

some malware will delete the files to prevent restore of backups.
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000f (3221225487) - {File Not Found} The file %hs does not exist.

since you are running windows 8.1, if you can boot then run cmd.exe as an admin, then run
sfc.exe /scannow
then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I would think it should work after this or you could:
restore it manually:
http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/restoring_winload/

some malware will delete the files to prevent restore of backups.

Solution
the BIOS programs the hard drive controller. The mode that is selected in the BIOS determines how the data is placed on the drives and how the drive operates. If your sata/ide mode was changed in BIOS for some reason. IE you update the BIOS or you have a older system and the battery backup to BIOS failed, then the SATA mode would go back to defaults, if the default was not the mode you installed your files with then the drive would appear corrupted. If this is the case you could just try the various settings in the BIOS and attempt to boot. Most BIOSs only have 2 or 3 settings.
SATA mode, IDE mode and maybe a RAID mode.