Error 0xc000021a, can't boot in safe mode.

Gharvar

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015
I had a few prolbems with my computer telling me that my network settings were not allowing me to open some program this morning so I restarted it. Upon restarting I ended up getting the 0xc000021a. I tried a lot of fixes found online to fix it but most of them seem to believe you can boot windows or run it in safe mode, which I can't.

My Windows is in French so hopefully I translate those things I tried correctly.

I tried sfc /scannow. I tried dism. Both of those say something about '' The ressources protection of Windows was not able to do the task''. Every single options in the blue menu that come up won't work, I had no image pc it seems. None of the special boot option work either.

On top of all that the keyboard default to some EU configuration making CMD tedious.

One of the site I looked at mentioned the person would need to get a Windows 10 USB stick, what is that about? Another thing I thought of would be buying another SSD to instal Windows on to get my access to my files before formating... I'm just incredibly frustrated at this point. Thank you if you can provide any help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another pc, download the windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a Win 10 installer on USB - there is the USB stick they mentioned :)

change boot order in Bios so USB is first, boot drive second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which
PC will restart and load safe mode

if you want to save the files on PC, if you find you need to reinstall Win 10, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Good luck, let us know if you need any more help :)

Gharvar

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015
Could you tell me exactly how big of a USB drive I would need ? I'll need to go buy one. So would that let me get back to my files or would the repair possibly get rid of some stuff? Would installing Windows on another SSD be better? I'd get a clean instal and I could go get my files on my other drives.

Gharvar

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015

Well, I went out to buy a new usb drive, the creation tool does not recognize it so I'm downloading it as and iso and trying burn it into the drive... We'll see how that goes.

So the boot options are just gone from the blue menu and replaced by change the parameter of the microprogramme(BIOS?) UEFI.

Gharvar

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015
So how is the repair supposed to work? not a single one of the options in the blue menu seem to do anything andI never get the option for different boot options now.

Here is a new thing, I get the error code 0xc000000F.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Here is fix for the last error and it uses those blue menu items that help you.

Go troubleshoot/advanced/command prompt and do these 4 commands

bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot

Exit

Now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases you may need to run some additional commands.

bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL

Source: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows

Solution