Error $130 after run chkdsk on hard disk

Rebdevl

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Hi all, i don't know if this is the right section, if not, i apologize. Basically the problem is this: play a steam game, it crashes and then i run chkdsk on the hard disk (seagate barracuda 3TB) if there are some errors. Always error $130, and always after a steam game crashes. What could it be? Thanks for your answers

Solution
So, this is not your OS drive? Would it be time consuming to reformat it? (you need to back up everything)

It's good that there are no bad sectors on the drive. Yet, there are some read errors.
Do you have several drives in your system? In case you do, you can just place that one, on the place of the other drive. (same port and cables) See if the issue persists.

This should be a new drive right?

D_Know_WD :)

Rebdevl

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for your help, so it can be a faulty hard disk? I have read all the infos in the link that u provided, but i'm not so good with pc and windows

Rebdevl

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Hi D_Know, thanks for your help, i ran CrystalDiskInfo and it says that the hdd is in good health, i have to run the others, so it can be faulty? Another "problem" is that in read speed it reaches only 46mb/s, while another seagate hdd that i have reaches 213mb/s

Can you provide a screenshot of the SMART report. Just upload the screen to an image hosting website and post the link over here.

Also, you can attach the drive to another SATA port, that is perhaps, on another controller. Also, you can attach the drive with different SATA(what port is it attached to?) and power cables.

What is stored on this drive? Is it your OS one?
How did you see that the read speed reaches just 46mb/s?

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD

So, this is not your OS drive? Would it be time consuming to reformat it? (you need to back up everything)

It's good that there are no bad sectors on the drive. Yet, there are some read errors.
Do you have several drives in your system? In case you do, you can just place that one, on the place of the other drive. (same port and cables) See if the issue persists.

This should be a new drive right?

D_Know_WD :)

Solution

Rebdevl

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for your help, yes it's a new drive, i will consider to reformat it, to the few read errors, in every seagate hdd that i have it always display them like 117-99 something like that. Thanks for your time :)

TRENDING THREADS