Error 173 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found

xperiamacka

Reputable
May 31, 2018
I bought a second monitor but my graphics card has only 1 hdmi port so i wanted to connect it to the motherboard's hdmi port
then i wanted to install the drivers for my apu (7th Gen A10-9700 APU) but it wont let me

specs:
AMD A10-9700
MSI b350 gaming plus
Palit Dual 1060 6gb
DDR4 2133

Solution
APU graphics are automatically disabled when a PCI/PCIe GPU is detected, this is to prevent driver & resource conflicts - - in other words you cannot use them both at the same time unless your motherboard BIOS supports that feature.

So check the BIOS settings first - - if feature not supported you will have to connect both monitors to the 1060 (ie use an appropriate adapter to connect second monitor if necessary).
APU graphics are automatically disabled when a PCI/PCIe GPU is detected, this is to prevent driver & resource conflicts - - in other words you cannot use them both at the same time unless your motherboard BIOS supports that feature.

So check the BIOS settings first - - if feature not supported you will have to connect both monitors to the 1060 (ie use an appropriate adapter to connect second monitor if necessary).

Solution