Error 1935 - Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.1",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT : 0x80070422

And nothing more. The setup rolls back and exits...
i have no idea what's the cause and i also did some googleing and tried some tricks but none of them worked so far...
Please help me solving this crap.

I also want to mention that all other Visual C++ Redistributable ( 2005 ; 2010 ; 2012 ; 2013 ) are installed ( running on W7 64-bit ).

Solution
Usually a .NET Framework corruption error.

Try downloading the latest .NET Framework release and installing it. If that fails, completely remove .NET Framework from Add/Remove Windows Features. It will reboot and you can attempt the installation again.

C++ Redistributables can also conflict. It is best to remove them all, download the latest of each version you had, and re-install them from oldest to newest.

Solves many issues at work that have old bundled C++ Redistributables. I've run into machines with 5 or 6 versions of just 2005 x86.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Usually a .NET Framework corruption error.

Try downloading the latest .NET Framework release and installing it. If that fails, completely remove .NET Framework from Add/Remove Windows Features. It will reboot and you can attempt the installation again.

C++ Redistributables can also conflict. It is best to remove them all, download the latest of each version you had, and re-install them from oldest to newest.

Solves many issues at work that have old bundled C++ Redistributables. I've run into machines with 5 or 6 versions of just 2005 x86.

Solution

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014

Already did and couldn't find something useful...

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014

Ok i'll try both ( uninstalling .Net FW and all other C++ versions )

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You probably ran into SFC /SCANNOW in your searches, but if you haven't tried that, give that a go. 9/10 it finds and fixes nothing, but occasionally it will tell you something is wrong.

Can try a Windows re-install, system files only, rather then wiping the drive.

Last resort would be a fresh install.

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
isn't there any other way than reinstalling the whole windows to install a freaking program !? Also i did try SFC Scannow and it says Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
I will try to run the windows in repair mode and see if i can solve this crap... The main problem is that lots of programs and games are bound to Visual C++ 2008 and the fact that i cannot install it drives me mad...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
All depends on what is wrong. If a critical chunk of Windows has become corrupt there isn't much to do if the issue can't be identified.

That SFC can't run is not a good sign.

Might want to run a SMART utility to check your drive.