Question Error 43 On AMD GPU after reinstalling GPU

Jul 17, 2020
So I recently took apart my PC for maintenance Reasons. After I put it back together and booted up, I noticed that my GPU was giving the 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems error 43' alert on my GPU(Rx 470)

The card is giving Display. I tried some common fixes like updating drivers , uninstalling device. I've had no luck thus far. Device manager is stating the device as 'RX 470 Graphics'. I did come to learn about bios flashing but I don't wanna get into that.

And no, I only have one PCI-E slot and I've tried removing and installing the card numerous times now.

Any help will be appreciated

Make sure your power cables are all in properly. Did you take the computer apart to fix something or just something you tend to do? If things are working, it's best not to touch anything, you can clean fans and such without taking anything apart, less chance of issues happening.

Jul 17, 2020
Make sure your power cables are all in properly. Did you take the computer apart to fix something or just something you tend to do? If things are working, it's best not to touch anything, you can clean fans and such without taking anything apart, less chance of issues happening.
I have double checked all the cables. I removed the CPU cooler because I wanted to reapply Thermal paste as I was getting really high temps. The mounting plate of the cooler isn't fixed to the board for some reason so it got out of place. So to put it back I had to take out the motherboard. Any other thint that could help me with this issue?

TRENDING THREADS