[SOLVED] Error 55 (ASUS) on new build

doskido1

Honorable
May 2, 2016
Just put together a new build today, everything boots up, but the display does not detect the computer.

Error is 55 which I believe is related to RAM for ASUS? I installed them in slots A2 and B2 like I was supposed to. I also tried both sticks alone in slots A2 and A1. I've switched them around quite a bit. Still 55 all day long on the mobo.

*after switching the RAM around some more, I finally tried putting in some old G skill ram from my last rig. I got a new error code: 53, which I believe means the old ram isn't compatible.

Any help is much appreciated.

Build is:

i9-12900k
EVGA 3090 ti
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR (f5-6000J4040F16GX2-TZ5RS)
Corsair Gold 1000 w power supply.
Lian Li Galahad Cooler 360.
ASUS Strix Z690-E Gaming mobo.
Inland M.2 SSD x2

Last edited:
Solution
error 55 is Memory not installed, error 53 Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed, if you pulled ram from your old system its more then likely DDR4 and will not work in a DDR5 board.

Try booting with only one stick installed and see if you can get into the bios. Some times on Asus boards they have to go through a memory learning and the screen will stay blank or black and possibly reboot a few times till it can learn the memory.

If the computer boots with 1 stick of ram make sure you are on the latest bios for the board which is 1403 released on April 1 2022
Just put together a new build today, everything boots up, but the display does not detect the computer.

Error is 55 which I believe is related to RAM for ASUS? I installed them in slots A2 and B2 like I was supposed to. I also tried both sticks alone in slots A2 and A1. I've switched them around quite a bit. Still 55 all day long on the mobo.

*after switching the RAM around some more, I finally tried putting in some old G skill ram from my last rig. I got a new error code: 53, which I believe means the old ram isn't compatible.

Any help is much appreciated.

Build is:

i9-12900k
EVGA 3090 ti
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR (f5-6000J4040F16GX2-TZ5RS)
Corsair Gold 1000 w power supply.
Lian Li Galahad Cooler 360.
ASUS Strix Z690-E Gaming mobo.
Inland M.2 SSD x2
Did you clear the cmos before first boot Asus pre post all mobos to verify their warrenty on sale so may have pre registered cpuid

error 55 is Memory not installed, error 53 Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed, if you pulled ram from your old system its more then likely DDR4 and will not work in a DDR5 board.

Try booting with only one stick installed and see if you can get into the bios. Some times on Asus boards they have to go through a memory learning and the screen will stay blank or black and possibly reboot a few times till it can learn the memory.

If the computer boots with 1 stick of ram make sure you are on the latest bios for the board which is 1403 released on April 1 2022

Solution

doskido1

Honorable
May 2, 2016

Ever since I tried the other RAM, even when I put in the DDR5 new RAM the error 53 keeps coming up. I tried unpugging the battery for cmos for a copule minutes. I keep getting 53 now. Also, the new RAM doesn't even light up anymore. I've tried booting with each stick by itself as well.

Ever since I tried the other RAM, even when I put in the DDR5 new RAM the error 53 keeps coming up. I tried unpugging the battery for cmos for a copule minutes. I keep getting 53 now. Also, the new RAM doesn't even light up anymore. I've tried booting with each stick by itself as well.
You may have broken the dimm slot by putting the wrong ram in it, ddr4 and 5 have different pin depths and layouts and forcing a ddr4 into a 5 slot will cause issues

Latest posts