Error 55: No monitor signal, reboot cycle, help!!

nick1627f

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hello all
I have an unfortunate problem: let me explain.

One day my Graphics Card was unresponsive. It is an EVGA GTX1070FTW (see parts below).
After testing and EVGA 24/7 customer support, I deemed it faulty due to my previous troubles with the card. I sent it in for an RMA. I was never able to connect to integrated graphics, and it still doesn't work.

After 1-3 days turned into 2 weeks, he cats finally arrived. To my surprise they sent in a EVGA GTX1080SC. I was happy; ready to benchmark it!!

But my happiness didn't last for long.

After putting the card in; it was responsive. Lighting up and all. However: STILL NO SIGNAL ON THE MONITOR.

But something changed.

With graphics card unplugged: motherboard does not send any codes or light up.

With graphics card on: mobo turns on and ends on error code 55 before entering a reboot cycle. Nothing changes.

So I mess around with the RAM sticks because error 55 = memory intialazation error. Switching places, taking out etc. I would do this again so please help me out with this part.

Still no changes.
Is it RAM? Could it just be dead? Best case for me I think.
Is it CPU? Please don't be CPU!!! I got some thermal paste after getting it on the way back front nyc last night. Could it be a pressure problem?
Is it just the MOBO?

Please help me; I am puzzled. I am ready to do nearly anything. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick F

Build:

i76700k
GTX1080SC from evga
gigabyte Z170x gaming 5 mobo
NZXT Kraken x61 240mm cooler
Corsair RM750 PSU

I think that's all that's relevant
Thanks again

nick1627f

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

Thanks, As of right now, with everthing plugged in, I get the code 55

I don't know if I will get the code 55 with only CPU and CPU fan. I can try that; but will not be able to send you results immediately

nick1627f

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

Hello hope you are still here :)
With GPU and RAM out, the motherboard doesn't give any code. Thanks.