Error code 00 on Asus board

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGxPRED

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello,

So I was building a rig last night and came across a 00 error code when I finished. The mobo is an Asus Maximus viii hero alpha. I believe it is a defective motherboard but I just would like a second opinion. I switched power supplies, I tested with only the CPU installed but still got the 00 code. The code comes up as soon as I power on the machine, literally as I press the power button the code comes up. Anyone else have any idea of what I could do?

OGxPRED

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I have made sure that all the power cables were correctly installed, and have used two different PSU's that I know work with my other build. The CPU is a 6700k so it is compatible with the board. I also have tried booting with just the CPU installed like many suggest and still no avail. I have also tried booting with one ram stick in each slot and no avail. Lastly I tried to reflash the BIOS and that still did nothing. The code literally comes up as soon as I hit the power button. The one wired thing is that the CPU cooler will start working but no system fans will work. I know that the rest of the system is getting power though since the LED's are lighting up. I think that it is a problem with the motherboard.

Edit: Also I did check for bent pins and all the pins looked fine. Most people online with this error had to RMA their board. I will try my CPU in about an hour with another board.

Status
Not open for further replies.