Error Code 0D

dlenchert57

Prominent
Jul 15, 2018
I wanted to use my computer and it was working but when i went to use it again, it was stuck at post code 0d. the only 3 things that i think it could be is 1.the cpu 2.the motherboard and 3.bios. the only thing that changes the post code is removing the cpu. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Solution
It's impossible to be 100% certain without testing with a different CPU; however CPU failures are rather uncommon compared to motherboards and the fact it was working before a different card was tried strongly suggests the motherboard is the problem.
According to EVGA's manual the D0 code means "CPU initialization error."

CPU failures are possible, but rare, and I'd go through a few troubleshooting steps.

-> Reset the BIOS, by unplugging the system from power and removing the button battery by depressing it's retention clip gently with a small tip of some sort
-> Remove and reseat all RAM
-> Disconnect all non-essential devices (USB headers, audio headers, SATA cables - everything but power, cpu and RAM)

If none of these change the situation, there's a problem with either board or chip. Which CPU model is in there?

Well I just realized I checked the wrong error code - D0 rather than 0D. Actually there is no specific listing for 0D here, just a note "Reserved for future error codes."

Since you mention the last thing you did was a hardware change, pull out the new GPU and try again. There's no onboard video output but it may be a bad or incompatible card. If you have the old card, try that again

It's impossible to be 100% certain without testing with a different CPU; however CPU failures are rather uncommon compared to motherboards and the fact it was working before a different card was tried strongly suggests the motherboard is the problem.

Solution