Question Error Code (0x00007b)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys.
So i want to know why my new windows is giving me this error while old one never gave and what does it mean?
and how to overcome it ..
I'm facing this issue since i installed new windows and some apps started giving me this issue..
My PC
Q6600 3.0ghz
Gtx 1050 2gb
7gb ddr2 667mhz memory
320gb (2x160gb)hdd.
Thanks guys have a nice day.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Directx caused error... now 9 out of 10 times that is cause, its actually the GPU drivers.

stack text looks like GPU drivers. latest nvidia drivers I see, I have to say the new ones don't like the 10 series cards (so I won't even bother with my 9 series card).

Now it could be the GPU drivers, or it could be mismatched ram.. shame the new hynix is only 1gb.

run ddu and instead of getting drivers from Nvidia, run windows update and let it find drivers for the card. Microsoft have older Nvidia drivers that tend to be more stable than anything Nvidia released in last few months - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

if BSOD stop, its likely GPU drivers were cause, but if it starts bouncing around machine and blaming different things, I would look at ram again.

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Directx caused error... now 9 out of 10 times that is cause, its actually the GPU drivers.

stack text looks like GPU drivers. latest nvidia drivers I see, I have to say the new ones don't like the 10 series cards (so I won't even bother with my 9 series card).

Now it could be the GPU drivers, or it could be mismatched ram.. shame the new hynix is only 1gb.

run ddu and instead of getting drivers from Nvidia, run windows update and let it find drivers for the card. Microsoft have older Nvidia drivers that tend to be more stable than anything Nvidia released in last few months - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

if BSOD stop, its likely GPU drivers were cause, but if it starts bouncing around machine and blaming different things, I would look at ram again.

Greetings,
so i wasted my time and energy trying to figure out whats causing the bsod then i finally found that my memory has nothing to do with DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL., i tried removing the 1gb stick and push it further but that also caused a bsod, i think my windows curropt or maybe these video drivers has to do something..
Any help? thankss

Colif

Win 11 Master
What makes you think ram can't be cause? you have 4 different stick types in PC (the hynix aren't the same) so any BSOD you get could be ram. Corrpt ram can cause all sorts of errors, and ram running at different timings can as well. Its always better to have ram from 1 maker and 1 set if possible as they will work together.

Did you run memtest on your ram sticks? I would check them all out.
Once you know sticks are good, If you could run with 2gb I would do that and see if you still get bsod. Just as a test.

Did you run DDU and swap GPU drivers?

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
What makes you think ram can't be cause? you have 4 different stick types in PC (the hynix aren't the same) so any BSOD you get could be ram. Corrpt ram can cause all sorts of errors, and ram running at different timings can as well. Its always better to have ram from 1 maker and 1 set if possible as they will work together.

Did you run memtest on your ram sticks? I would check them all out.
Once you know sticks are good, If you could run with 2gb I would do that and see if you still get bsod. Just as a test.

Did you run DDU and swap GPU drivers?
I dont have a usb for memtest atm and finding ram from one maker is impossible because its ddr2 and discontinued.How am i suppose to find one? i've 2 crucials and 2 hynix but unfortunately one is 1gig only which i think isn't the cause because i took it out and ran csgo benchmark but still got the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ..idk what that even means because volt related issues are WHEA uncorrectable error but IRQL maybe a windows issue cuz my old version of windows 10 was fine and i didn't even see a error like IRQL before but this new version gave me these errors(including Kernel security check failure) and reduced my overclock as well. i'm kinda frustrated and thinking of install win 7 ..
I'll try to install old drivers for my graphics card as well.
Thanks for your help Colif!

Colif

Win 11 Master
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL are similar to the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors you got, they can be software or hardware. They are common errors to me, much preferable to WHEA which can be anything.

It could be the GPU drivers, dwap them and see.

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL are similar to the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors you got, they can be software or hardware. They are common errors to me, much preferable to WHEA which can be anything.

It could be the GPU drivers, dwap them and see.
Yeah
i sometimes get WHEA and sometimes IRQL,
and what nvidia drivers should i use?
or may i try downgrading my windows to older version that i was previously using?

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Try running ddu and afterwards, run windows update and let it suggest drivers for the card. I find the newer drivers seem to cause errors on the 10 series of cards.
Okay So i ran DDU and uninstalled the previous drivers.
After that i ran windows update and it downloaded and installed the following drivers.
View: https://imgur.com/Z1OE7F9

If i get further BSODS.I'll tell you
Thanks mate have a nice day.
Update: I got BSOD twice
First WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
Second KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
Any Idea whats going on?

Last edited: