Error code 0x203 patch doesnt work

G

Hello,
havin the same issue,,,getting the Error code 0x203 so i went to gateways site and downloaded the patch...patch didnt work...what now?

alt_98

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hello,
havin the same issue,,,getting the Error code 0x203 so i went to gateways site and downloaded the patch...patch didnt work...what now?

I have the same problem, the patch does not work for whatever reason(even running it as administrator). I have run a registry cleaner before and after patching, I have rebooted my system and tried burning again several times with no luck. I have searched for a solution for a few hours now and have found zero, not a work around nothing. It would be nice if someone could post an actual helpful response (little frustrated). The issue to be more clear is the Gateway recovery management software will not allow you to burn all of the required factory default recovery discs "Error code 203 may occur when creating 2nd or 3rd disk with eRecovery". It is a software issue only not hardware or a optical media issue. "Only Vista operating systems are impacted-both 64 and 32 bit". Gateway has provided a patch that is suppose to fix this issue (CleanInvalidPatch) http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/260121793.shtml

Like I have said, unfortunately for many this patch does not fix the issue.
Unhiding the recovery partition using diskpart does not solve the problem either I have tried everything. I have however used the diskpart method to restore my system to factory default because the gateway recovery management and the Alt + F10 method of restoring would not work and it does actually work for that at least.

Thank you in advance to anyone with a solution.