error code: 0x800703e7

kat

During start up the following error message pops up:
Windows Product Activation
A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking
the license on this computer. Error Code:0x800703e7.

I've been working with windows xp for almost a year and
have never had any problems of this magnitude while
dealing with this software. I called manufacturing
company of my computer and was told to save all documents
and files onto cds and reformat my computer but the e
drive is not working properly. It will not read or
detact CD-R's. How does one get first elimate the error
code and secondly fix the e drive?

Possible Resolution:

Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.

Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.

Also review:

Visit http://www.mcse.ms/message45251.html for troubleshooting
suggestions.

Error Message Cites License-Checking Issue After Upgrade
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;310794

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Kat" <KATRINASMI@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

| During start up the following error message pops up:
| Windows Product Activation
| A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking
| the license on this computer. Error Code:0x800703e7.
|
| I've been working with windows xp for almost a year and
| have never had any problems of this magnitude while
| dealing with this software. I called manufacturing
| company of my computer and was told to save all documents
| and files onto cds and reformat my computer but the e
| drive is not working properly. It will not read or
| detact CD-R's. How does one get first elimate the error
| code and secondly fix the e drive?

TRENDING THREADS