Question Error code 0xc000000f after BIOS screen ?

Dec 17, 2022
I updated my MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard to the latest bios version since I was gonna be getting a new cpu. After installing I booted up my pc and when the bios screen went away I would get a bsod with that error code and 3 options, Press Enter to try again, Press F8 for Startup Settings, and Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings. Both options 1 and 2 did the same thing which is cause a bit of a flicker on the screen but id stay were I was, and option 3 took me to bios. I have a windows 10 installer usb which I use to access the command prompt and I have tried "bootrec /fixmbr", using the Startup Repair tool which will just run for abit and then tell me im SOL, I tried "bootrec /rebuildbcd" which would ask me to add the installations to boot list, no matter what I put whether it be y or n or a it tells me "The system cannot find the path specified", I tried a bios reset via removing the cmos battery, aswell as "chkdsk c: /f" and I even attempted reinstalling windows on the drive which still didnt do anything. Sorry for the long post, if anyone has any other possible solutions please let me know.

error code
0xc000000f
is file not found.

Any chance that the updating the bios changed the mode of the SATA controller? You would get this error if your previous bios was set to RAID
and the updated bios is AHCI or IDE

if you have more than one drive the drive order might be changed.
or the drive assignments might be messed up.

Dec 17, 2022
error code
0xc000000f
is file not found.

Any chance that the updating the bios changed the mode of the SATA controller? You would get this error if your previous bios was set to RAID
and the updated bios is AHCI or IDE

if you have more than one drive the drive order might be changed.
or the drive assignments might be messed up.
I never changed the SATA controller its been AHCI since the beginning. Also, I have 5 drives in total and am unsure if the order or assignments changed. Since making this post I attempted to install afew different BIOS versions but still had no luck unfortunately.