Question error code 0xc0000225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2020
Hello my mothers mac pro from 2012 hard drive has died. It had a verylong loading time then it shut itself down. I went to disk managment and it said that s.m.a.r.t functions didnt work. It also didnt reognise it. We ordered a new hard drive.
A few days later oit of curiosity i got her hardrive and replaced it with mine to see if it was the adapters fault. On my gaming laptop i only had games on kt but seperate from my ssd where there was the os. File explorer didn' recognise my mothers hard drive so i shut it down and replaced it. When i turned it on it said something along the lines of that files where getting repaired or checked on my c drive (my ssd) then i have this error on my windows 10 laptop. Error 0xc0000225 a required device isnt comnected or cant be accessed. I have no idea what to do.

I have written this on my phone

Edit: on some if the settings if i press them the screens gies black for a second

Jun 26, 2020
It sounds like you put the hard drive from your windows 10 machine into the 2012 mac pro machine and you are surprised it didn't boot right up.

At this point it would probably be best to take them both to a shop for repairs.
Sorry for confusing you
I put in my mothers hard drive in my working windows 10 computer to see if it was dead but i have my os installed in my ssd in the same windows computer. After file explorer didnt recognise it i changed it back to my one.
Thanks for the reply

....but i have my os installed in my ssd in the same windows computer....
And that is why you are having problems now. You ALWAYS remove ALL other drives from a system before connecting a suspected faulty drive. And that 'faulty' drive being from a MAC, when attempting to boot, may have tried to 'fix' the Windows drive. You may very well have to do a reinstall of Windows to fix this.

Jun 26, 2020
And that is why you are having problems now. You ALWAYS remove ALL other drives from a system before connecting a suspected faulty drive. And that 'faulty' drive being from a MAC, when attempting to boot, may have tried to 'fix' the Windows drive. You may very well have to do a reinstall of Windows to fix this.

I am tryingto install windows 10 in a usb drive but the other laptop that I have is very bad because it only has 28 gb of storage without the system with it I don't have enough to install it on a usb. I don't know how to install windows 10 straight into the usb without I going to the small ssd to this laptop but I have 28 gb on the usb available with nothing on I. since I haven't used this pc in 3 years windows I forcing me to download updates which will make me have even less storage and my cpu is always at 100 percemt usage

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.