Hello guys!

As the title says I encountered this problem. 1 long 2 short

My specs are:
686 amibios 1999
Intel H57 chipset
500gb hdd
gtx 550ti
corsair cx430 430w
i7-870 2.93 ghz (if i remember this right)

What I did:
1. bought a new gpu - gtx 550ti
2. bought a new psu - cx430

When I take out the video card the same beeping occurs 1 long 2 short

Without ram its just 1 continuous beep

Error codes says Video Adapter failure, but ive changed it already so what can it be?

Thanks in advance

sokolewski

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
It was doing the same thing before.

Here is the story.

One day pc didnt want to turn on and it would give me this error code 1 long 2 short.
I loked it up on the internet and people adviced to changed the gpu.
So i bought a new gpu and a new psu for it as my old one wasnt powerful enough I put everything back in and it still gives me this errors 1 long 2 short.
I tried launching pc without any gpu and it still gives me this 1 long 2 short code
Tried launching it without ram and it gives me 1 continuous beep

You cannot start the PC without a GPU unless it has integrated graphics, it will give you those beeps if the GPU isn't it.

You cannot launch a PC without ram, the ram MUST be in for the PC to work.

On your motherboard, do you have any POST codes? should be a combination of either letters or numbers.

They should be red lighted numbers(error codes), you may or may not have them, what is your motherboard model number too?

So, you have a new power supply installed too, correct?

Can you try the GPU on another PCI 2.0 port if you have more than 1.

Reinstall the memory, make sure it is properly in, sometimes people think it's in, but it's not.

Re-attach all your cables.

Also consult your motherboard manual and reset the bios with the jumper.

sokolewski

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Yes, I have a new PSU. Corsair CX430 and it is installed
No I only have 1 slot for gpu.

Tried all of it
Except jumpers...will try in a second

reseted jumpers nothing changed

Hopefully the jumpers do the trick. If that doesn't work pull, unplug the power cable from machine, and take the battery out for 5 minutes, and try again.

If that does not work too, test the GPU, Memory, and PSU, on another PC if possible(one at a time is fine). If they all work on the other PC you may have a defectie processor and/or motherboard.

Have you tried looking the error code up in the manual. If you don't have a physical copy, just get a digital one from the manufacturer. No one should have suggested part replacement before they knew what part was at fault.

I don't think his motherboard shows error codes(it's a gateway motherboard it appears), and I am a bit surprised whoever recommended buying new parts before diagnosing the issue.

And we know the error code from the beeps as well it's a video error.

Since your motherboard is possible culprit, and an crappy one at that(H57H-AM2) that I assume you used from a gateway PC you owned, I think you should get a new motherboard, but we need to make sure the issue is that first.

Can you test your RAM in another PC to see if that works? Testing the memory will help us check off one possible issue.

Reseat the video card again too.

Sorry bout that, meant that it will have a listing of sound combinations in the manual. Just easier to call it error codes though.

sokolewski

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
No way I can test it on a different PC unfortunately.

Well thanks a lot guys! Will have to figure out how can I test my hardware on a different PC and probably choose a new motherboard. Thank you for your time.