Question Error Code 27 on Aorus X570 Master UPDATE (FIXED??)

May 17, 2023
Hey all,

I've had my computer for about 3 years now and I recently got error code 27 on my MOBO when trying to boot. Computer will start, fans blaring, but the screen stays black and code 27 registers on the MOBO. I read it could be a RAM issue so I removed one stick (from A2) and it booted up just fine. I though maybe I had a fault stick so I bought two new 16GB Vengeance Pro sticks to replace my old ones. Everything was fine for about a week, until last night, when I got the same issue. I read that I should maybe update my BIOS so I tried removing one of the sticks and was able to get it up and running to update BIOS to F37c. As of now its hit or miss on whether it will boot, although it seems to be more reliable when I have one stick or if I remove and reseat the RAM. Could this simply be a dust issue in one of the DIMM slots?

My Specs:

Aorus X570 Master
Ryzen 3700
Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super
32GB (2X16) Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz
Corsair H100i AIO cooler
Windows 10

UPDATE:

I tried all configurations of both RAM sticks, both single and dual channel, and the computer wouldn't boot beyond the first time after reseating. I went into the BIOS and enabled the preset XMP profile and it has since booted multiple times with both sticks of RAM. I'm not sure if this is an actual fix or just a band-aid to the issue. I'll monitor it over the next week, as it was working fine for about a week when I had purchased new RAM. No idea what was causing it to do this in the first place but for now XMP seems to make it happy.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I've had my computer for about 3 years now and I recently got error code 27 on my MOBO when trying to boot. Computer will start, fans blaring, but the screen stays black and code 27 registers on the MOBO. I read it could be a RAM issue so I removed one stick (from A2) and it booted up just fine. I though maybe I had a fault stick so I bought two new 16GB Vengeance Pro sticks to replace my old ones. Everything was fine for about a week, until last night, when I got the same issue. I read that I should maybe update my BIOS so I tried removing one of the sticks and was able to get it up and running to update BIOS to F37c. As of now its hit or miss on whether it will boot, although it seems to be more reliable when I have one stick or if I remove and reseat the RAM. Could this simply be a dust issue in one of the DIMM slots?

My Specs:

Aorus X570 Master
Ryzen 3700
Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super
32GB (2X16) Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz
Corsair H100i AIO cooler
Windows 10
Could be dust, could be a bent pin in the cpu socket. The can can take years to show signs and problems and it sucks... the system seems beautiful for years then all of a sudden bad connections start to happen and more lame stiff which causes bsods, and things like this. I would suggest checking the cpu socket if you can

May 17, 2023
Could be dust, could be a bent pin in the cpu socket. The can can take years to show signs and problems and it sucks... the system seems beautiful for years then all of a sudden bad connections start to happen and more lame stiff which causes bsods, and things like this. I would suggest checking the cpu socket if you can
Thanks for the response. No BSOD yet, the monitor just isn't registering a connection. I'm gonna try cleaning out the DIMM sockets with some compressed air after work today and see what happens. If it's still causing problems I'll check the CPU socket like you suggest.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Thanks for the response. No BSOD yet, the monitor just isn't registering a connection. I'm gonna try cleaning out the DIMM sockets with some compressed air after work today and see what happens. If it's still causing problems I'll check the CPU socket like you suggest.
If neither of these are your problem it's most likely a failed dimm controller sadly meaning the mobo is shot now

May 17, 2023
If neither of these are your problem it's most likely a failed dimm controller sadly meaning the mobo is shot now
Cleaned the DIMM slots and that didn't seem to help. What's strange is if I reseat both RAM sticks, into any configurations and power on it will boot just fine. After shutting down and trying to power again it won't boot. Removing one stick of RAM seems to fix the issue altogether. It doesn't matter which stick I use or which slot, but it will work just fine. I didn't check the CPU pins because I'm hesitant to take off my cooler and CPU unless absolutely necessary. If the problem comes back in the coming days I'll check the CPU this weekend.

Cleaned the DIMM slots and that didn't seem to help. What's strange is if I reseat both RAM sticks, into any configurations and power on it will boot just fine. After shutting down and trying to power again it won't boot. Removing one stick of RAM seems to fix the issue altogether. It doesn't matter which stick I use or which slot, but it will work just fine. I didn't check the CPU pins because I'm hesitant to take off my cooler and CPU unless absolutely necessary. If the problem comes back in the coming days I'll check the CPU this weekend.
Is the ram supported