Question "Error code 43" in device manager. PLEASE HELP. I've tried everything.

Jun 20, 2021
I've done EVERYTHING possible. Disable and re-enabled, re-installed drivers, clean re-installed drivers, I've run SFC which said it repaired damage files, to no avail. I ran the windows repair wizard for a reported "RTX 2060 error" which resulted in no answer. I don't know what to do. I'm currently on a laptop. The GPU is not being recognized at all times. I've had this issue for two days.
Specs:
MSI GL63 8SE
RTX 2060M
i7 8750h @2.2 ghz
16 GB 2666

Last edited:

spladam

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Hey Inconceivable, you might want to give a little more information, what are the symptoms of the problem you are having, are the parts new, has it always been happening, and most importantly, any system specs you can give, your CPU, GPU (brand and model), the wattage of your power supply and your motherboard and chipset if you have that information. Are you unable to use the GPU, does the problem happen under load or after a certain amount of time? Edit this information into your original post.

It sounds basic, but I'd start by checking to make sure PCI power is firmly attached and that the fans are indeed spinning as the card comes under load. Error 43 is a somewhat generic error code, so more information would be helpful for folks trying to help you.