Question Error code 55 / black screen⁸

Jan 16, 2022
Just upgraded my PC, I put an i9 12900k, a z690 Asus board, and 32g ddr5 dominator platinum.

I put it all together then went to turn it on annnnnnnd nothing. Black screen keyboard and mouse don't turn on and I have error code 55. Do some research seems to be a ram issue. Reseat ram, nothing, try 1, nothing, try ever slot... still nothing, then I go and get a whole different set of ram (2x8 ddr5 tridentZ) still nothing. I go to research the cpu. Same thing. Try the gpu, nothing. I cleared CMOS still nothing. I'm not sure where to go from here. When it turns on it starts with code 28 then 54 then 55. I'm open to ant suggestions.

Last edited:

bignastyid

Titan
Just upgraded my PC, I put an i9 12900k, a z390 Asus board, and 32g ddr5 dominator platinum.

I put it all together then went to turn it on annnnnnnd nothing. Black screen keyboard and mouse don't turn on and I have error code 55. Do some research seems to be a ram issue. Reseat ram, nothing, try 1, nothing, try ever slot... still nothing, then I go and get a whole different set of ram (2x8 ddr5 tridentZ) still nothing. I go to research the cpu. Same thing. Try the gpu, nothing. I cleared CMOS still nothing. I'm not sure where to go from here. When it turns on it starts with code 28 then 54 then 55. I'm open to ant suggestions.
That motherboard is not compatible with that cpu and ram.