Error entering BIOS setup

commabob

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
I have a NFORCE 570 SLIT-A (v5.1) motherboard. When I hit the DEL key to enter BIOS setup mode I receive the following message:

Warning: Have Option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID: FFFFh Deivce: FFFFh)

This message repeats over and over and the machine must be power cycled. The system boots fine and even passes a 15 minute burning test.

The only other oddity is when using the WinFlash utility, if I attempt to backup the existing BIOS to disk, the machine reboot before completing the backup.

It looks to me like the motherboard itself is bad, but before I return it I wondered if anyone knows how to interpret the Vendor ID and Device codes from the error message. (I have asked this question in the ECS support area on there website, but figured I might have better luck asking here.)

Thanks in advance,

Bob

adder1971

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
those dont look valid to me. as far as i know those are burned into the bios itself which would say that the board is likely having some issues. what memory are you using on it? i hva one that wont post at all and it just makes a long beep (memory error) I would like to know what kind the guy who owns it should get. they have some recommended brands in the owners manual but experience is just as good in my opinion. :)