[SOLVED] Error id 6008 and error id 41

Solution
i have cheked many watt calculators site and it is all showing that mt psu watt is enough
The problem is not necessarily quantity, it's quality. You could have a 1000W PSU, if it's poor quality, it won't matter. Also unfortunately the wattage calculators typically have to be taken with a very big pinch of salt, there is no real basis behind where the numbers come from.

You're ultimately going to get mixed responses from this, random shut downs and freezes are not a one solution, there are multiple factors that need to be taken into account, and you're likely not going to get a direct answer straight away, as the culprits have to be gradually eliminated.

You say you've already checked temps, that's an excellent start, as it's...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Please post your ENTIRE system spec including PSU make and model.
Also could you elaborate on the problem exactly you are facing.

I am assuming by the 6008 / 41 error you are encountering random shut downs but please elaborate so that we can help you more :)

Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Please post your ENTIRE system spec including PSU make and model.
Also could you elaborate on the problem exactly you are facing.

I am assuming by the 6008 / 41 error you are encountering random shut downs but please elaborate so that we can help you more :)
it started today and it is only happening when i am playing cod mw and after every shutdown i go to even viewer and i see error id 6008 how do i fix that.
ryzen 3 2200g
rx 580 8gb
16gb ram 2*8
520w PSU
1 ssd
1 hdd

Colif

Win 11 Master
They aren't errors, they are events....

I need a T shirt - Event 41 isn't a cause, its a reaction. PC knows what I mean :)

I don't know the story of 6008 but event 41 is the result of a report windows runs at startup and if it finds the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates event 41 (63). WIndows doesn't know why you restarted. Its not the cause.

Its the most misunderstood "error" since page fault was named :)

Heat can be the answer. If its just the one game, unlikely.

Nov 13, 2019
They aren't errors, they are events....

I need a T shirt - Event 41 isn't a cause, its a reaction. PC knows what I mean :)

I don't know the story of 6008 but event 41 is the result of a report windows runs at startup and if it finds the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates event 41 (63). WIndows doesn't know why you restarted. Its not the cause.

Its the most misunderstood "error" since page fault was named :)

Heat can be the answer. If its just the one game, unlikely.
it is only happen when i am playing cod mw and started today maybe wait to a new game update?

Nov 13, 2019
500 watts is the AMD MINIMUM for that video card. And if the lines fluctuate as much as the test unit for Legit Reviews did, your power supply just isn't cutting it for that card.
https://www.legitreviews.com/antec-high-current-gamer-hcg-520m-520w-power-supply-review_2017/8
you say it is psu prob other says it is overheating problems. i am playing cod after 10 minutes pc shuts down gpu temps around 87C cpu temps around 60. the cause of the shutdown is the temp on cpu or gpu temp? i am using stock cooler for my cpu, ryzen 3 2200g

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i have cheked many watt calculators site and it is all showing that mt psu watt is enough
The problem is not necessarily quantity, it's quality. You could have a 1000W PSU, if it's poor quality, it won't matter. Also unfortunately the wattage calculators typically have to be taken with a very big pinch of salt, there is no real basis behind where the numbers come from.

You're ultimately going to get mixed responses from this, random shut downs and freezes are not a one solution, there are multiple factors that need to be taken into account, and you're likely not going to get a direct answer straight away, as the culprits have to be gradually eliminated.

You say you've already checked temps, that's an excellent start, as it's commonly a cause for shutdowns. If you say the MAXIMUM temp they reach are 87 and 60 degrees respectively, whilst the GPU is a little on the high side, I wouldn't expect it to be causing shutdowns. Following that, once software/firmware is eliminated, the list of culprits typically goes:

PSU > GPU > RAM > MB > CPU.

And all I can see in this current situation, is the PSU you have is very outdated and not great from my recollection. So it would be where I would likely look next.
But I would also verify that you have all correct drivers installed, and also check if you have latest BIOS installed.

Solution
you say it is psu prob other says it is overheating problems. i am playing cod after 10 minutes pc shuts down gpu temps around 87C cpu temps around 60. the cause of the shutdown is the temp on cpu or gpu temp? i am using stock cooler for my cpu, ryzen 3 2200g
The video card is a little hot side, but we are talking 5-10 degrees over what some reviewer saw on an open bench. For case temps, nothing I would worry about. You could always reapply thermal paste on the card to see if it improves, if it bothers you that much.

Nov 13, 2019
The video card is a little hot side, but we are talking 5-10 degrees over what some reviewer saw on an open bench. For case temps, nothing I would worry about. You could always reapply thermal paste on the card to see if it improves, if it bothers you that much.
is it possible that the cause for this unexepcetd shutdowns is my psu? i did a test with a multimete turned on the pc with everything connected ang got 7.82 voltage, that means i have something broken in my psu yes?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
is it possible that the cause for this unexepcetd shutdowns is my psu? i did a test with a multimete turned on the pc with everything connected ang got 7.82 voltage, that means i have something broken in my psu yes?
It completely depends on where that figure is coming from, what rail etc.
High temps can cause shutdowns, but i wouldn't expect 87 degrees to cause a shutdown, more just potential throttling.

TRENDING THREADS