Error in HDD (C7) in HD tune

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone i have an issue with my HDD. I downloaded HDD Tune and went to Health and saw that my HDD has an issue its the (C7) Interface CRC Error Count that's not the first time i see it this issue has been for quite a long time about 2-3 years. I encountered some errors while booting windows last week it showed me the "disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart" and a blue screen that said "\Windows\System32\Winload.exe". I reinstalled windows 10 from USB but it showed me the same error over and over. i reinstalled windows 10 (from the USB) about 5-6 times and still the same errors. What can i do about that error? It's time for a new HDD that's for sure.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/wRgcqAZ.png

Solution
again : shouldn´t go up further up after u changed the SATA cable or reseated the connections and cleaned out the contacts.
Other wise could indicate either a problem with the logic board of the HDD or Mainboard Chipset

Try Moving data across the disk or disks if you have multiple or from an USB and back onto the HDD. ( unneded iso from a DVD should do fine ) to see if this number increases. If its not causing actual problems it can be ignored for now unless it causes severe slowdowns and occasional crashes/hangs when the pagefile gets written to if u have average amount of mem 4GB> .
The internal workings somewhat can compensate for CRC errors resending the data over again if i am not mistaken.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

I checked with the WD software and it said there's an error and it's the C7

jodo_kast2

Prominent
Mar 5, 2018
C7 usually indicates cabling error, the counter doesn´t goes down BUT shouldn´t go up further up after u changed the SATA cable or reseated the connections and cleaned out the contacts.
Other wise could indicate either a problem with the logic board of the HDD or Mainboard Chipset if other disks also display an increase in this number. Crystal disk is usually better to view smart data.
Edit : Try Moving data across the disk or disks if you have multiple or from an USB and back onto the HDD. ( unneded iso from a DVD should do fine )

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

I don't have any other disks i have only 1 HDD. I had installed Crystal disk before and it says "Caution" and it's the C7 error

jodo_kast2

Prominent
Mar 5, 2018
again : shouldn´t go up further up after u changed the SATA cable or reseated the connections and cleaned out the contacts.
Other wise could indicate either a problem with the logic board of the HDD or Mainboard Chipset

Try Moving data across the disk or disks if you have multiple or from an USB and back onto the HDD. ( unneded iso from a DVD should do fine ) to see if this number increases. If its not causing actual problems it can be ignored for now unless it causes severe slowdowns and occasional crashes/hangs when the pagefile gets written to if u have average amount of mem 4GB> .
The internal workings somewhat can compensate for CRC errors resending the data over again if i am not mistaken.

Solution