Error initializing PCI Express NIC bridge. NIC Failure

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
I recently replaced a dell xps 400 motherboard with a refurbished one. Now my question is, can the motherboard be the cause for me getting this error message:" Error initializing PCI Express NIC bridge. NIC Failure"? Ive replaced everything else with new parts ex: video card, power source, memory, heatsink, even new fans. I went into the bios and disabled the intergrated NIC & still get the same message. Took out the CMOS battery, put it back, same results. Even reset the bios by the jumpers. Nothings working. Is this a case of a faulty motherboard?

Solution
If the PCI Express NIC bridge is defective, then disabling the integrated Ethernet controller won't help. Return the motherboard and order another one that's been fully tested.

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Yes, it does occur at POST, and when I hit the f1 option, it acts like its loading the OS for about 3 seconds, then the screen flutters and the system restarts..

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks. I know this computer is really old, but I cant afford to out right buy a new one right now. So, its basically a crap shoot to buy a refurbished motherboard. Lucky they're only $50 bucks a pop lol...

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Ok, so I got that motherboard from the link that you recommended, installed it, put everything together, ran nicely!! For about 3 hrs & then it just shut down... I mean it literally just lost power. I went to reboot when it simply beeped faintly & the power button flashed yellow. So, that's all its doing now. Please tell me its not a motherboard issue again lol...

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
So, yeah, it was the motherboard. So, of course I went and got another one lol. Now, the motherboard is functioning, but my problem is, that it keeps rebooting, over and over and over. Shows the windows sign then reboots. Please tell me, this is minor..P.S, I certainly appreciate all your support.

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
The config was set to RAID Autodetect/ATA. When I booted with the bootable dvd, it initially seemed like it was gonna work, but it ended up rebooting again.

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Very, as I cannot afford to just buy at one time. In tne memory modules, I have a 2gb then a 1gb then a 2gb then a 1gb. Could that be part of the issue? I thought these motherboards could handle up to 8gb of memory..

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Downloaded the iso & burned to cd & dvd. Came up "no bootable devices detected. I then switched the boot order to dvd rom 1st, in which it simply kept rebooting. The error code is 0xc0000001

Orygidal

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Well, the only thing different I did was upgrades: New video card, new wireless adapter, new heatsink, upgraded the cpu to Pentium d 960 & Upgraded memory from 4gb to 6gb.. I would think it would run peak.
Ok, So I removed 2 gb of memory & now its working on 4 gb. Shit, lol I actually wanted to take it to 8gb, but I thought 6gb would be safe..