Error Installing Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hello all,

After recieving lots of errors and getting corrupt files in my original Windows 7 install I have decided to start fresh and reinstall Windows 7 Home Edition. I put the disc in the drive and started it up and then I went to custom install and I tried to install Windows 7 but I recieve something along the lines of cannot continue a file is missing or inaccessible please make it accessible and restart the installing... How do I fix this - I am not computer savy so I will need some details. I would appreciate any ideas because I cannot find a solution to this anywhere. The exact error message is below:

Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.

Please help because I am getting ready to qq!

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

Yes it is a genuine Microsoft installation disc! I bought it myself ...

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi 1117248 - Where did you purchase your copy of Windows 7. I ask because it sounds like you have a non-genuine copy and there are lots of scams out there...the only way to get guaranteed genuine copy of Windows 7 is to purchase it from a reputable retailers (such as Best Buy), a Microsoft Partner, or directly from Microsoft.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

Why bother posting when others have asked and I have told you it is genuine?

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
@daship - btw you don't sound to switched on as you should be aware that you can install a non-genuine copy anyway and just not recieve updates w/o any dramas ... you waiste others time posting useless messages on a forum that directly asks for solutions only.

That sounds a little rude to someone who is trying to help you. Cassandra is asking where you purchased it because, although you believe it to be genuine, you may be the victim of a scam. You sound very defensive about the whole question of whether it is a genuine copy and I note that you don't answer her question of where you bought it from.

Some pirated copies will install OK, others produce exactly the error message that you report, so it's a sensible question.

There are many scams about. If you have been a victim of such a scam it may be possible to advise on how you can be helped. But it's not sensible to be rude to those who are trying to help you - and it's not nice.

rocket_sauce

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
backer down their bessie...they here to help you and they have all said "pirated". I believe them, but I will throw in some thoughts for you anyway, just in case.

**Please describe the words or hologram on your disk please.**

You can try your install again after trying each step. *Requires patience*

#1 - make sure your disk is clean.
#2 - reset your cmos (BIOS), it will tell you how in your motherboard manual. (2 pins on the motherboard need to be jumpered (aka - connected together for 10 seconds)
#3 - make sure your RAM is pushed all the down on your Mobo
#4 - make sure all your Hard drive cables and CD\DVD-ROM cables are secure to the device and the motherboard.
#5 - Try the Express (?) install instead of the custom install...whatever the other option is.
#6 - if its not a CD installation disk problem, then it could be a hardware problem (CD-ROM, Hard Drive, RAM, Motherboard). Process of elimination is the only way to figure it out. If you have multiple sticks of RAM then take as many sticks as you can out from the motherboard, but leave 1GB in for installation of Windows 7.
#7 - switch up the sticks of RAM to elimate the possiblity of your RAM sticks.
#8 - for the rest of your components...I hope you have a spare computer to "borrow" the other pieces for elimination.

Come back with what you have tried...we understand your frustration, but believe me, we have had much worse and we may be able to fix or find your problem for you, if you can work with us. I enjoy the folks in these forums and they will help you. Being curtious will get you better help.

-Sorry for speaking for everyone- I don't post often, but everyone has helped me one way or another. So, thank you!!

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

I am defensive because I doubt the biggest electrical retailer in Australia would sell non-genuine install discs. If I say its genuine I don't want to sit here saying it's not and have my time waisted. Thankyou for actually posting a potential solution. I am narrowing these issues down myself - for example I am creating a bootable USB with the install files on it to check the optical; I am also downloading another GENUINE IMAGE (and I doubt Microsoft is having a link to a non-genuine copy just to clairfy) and putting it on USB as well incase the installation files themselves are corrupt. I am wondering why the RAM effect this installation - could you expand on this?

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

Yea your cool posting a non-solution post in a solution forum, especially once that has already been suggested and ruled out. Why bother answering question when I have already ruled that out? Don't bother replying to this as I will ignore it and have no desire to communicate with a tech supporter that is simply a googler.

Status
Not open for further replies.