[SOLVED] Error message after uninstalling app

Nov 3, 2020
I recently uninstalled an app called NZXT-CAM. I thought my PC was overheating so I wanted to see the temp, but it wasn't, so I uninstalled it.
The uninstall seems to have left something behind.
When I start the computer I get an error message. See attached image.
The computer works fine, I just want to clean up the remnants of the app.
I thought it would help to clean up the registry using CCleaner but the error still pops up.

p.png

Solution
Type in Startup Apps in the search and see if anything similar to that program is still there.

If you don't see anything there that helps, start regedit, right-click on the top Computer and export the registry to a backup file. After that is done, go to HKEY Local Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Run and see if any of the entries look like they were installed for that program. If there is, delete that entry. If bad things happen, run the backup of the registry you made (just double-click the file and it will import it).

If neither of those help, contact NZXT support and see what they say to do.
Hi joe , Depending on how old your office software is you have one of 2 options.
If it is a few years old you will have a folder in the programs list showing all the office programs you have , somewhere inside that folder you will actually find an office repair tool.

Alternatively if you have it on disc you could just uninstall the whole package , use all parts of ccleaner before you re-install it , it wont take long , when you go to use word it will ask for registration , choose by internet and if you are told its already registered use register by phone .... tell everyone in room to be quiet you will get an automated
voice telling you to input a code on your phone.

If you have it registered on your microsoft account you can uninstall and re-install it from your account page.

If you have one of the latest versions of office your individual programs with be listed separately , just type office repair tool into the search box and a big box will come up telling you what to do next.

Nov 3, 2020
Ok, I am an idiot:rolleyes:. Lets try this one more time. That was the wrong error message. Resolved that one a while back.
Here is the correct one. I am sorry for wasting everyone's time.

sNfezmW.png

Type in Startup Apps in the search and see if anything similar to that program is still there.

If you don't see anything there that helps, start regedit, right-click on the top Computer and export the registry to a backup file. After that is done, go to HKEY Local Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Run and see if any of the entries look like they were installed for that program. If there is, delete that entry. If bad things happen, run the backup of the registry you made (just double-click the file and it will import it).

If neither of those help, contact NZXT support and see what they say to do.

Reactions: JoeBost67
Solution