error message at startup and at msconfig

Whenever I restart my computer or try to run msconfig I get the following
error message; Memoery access violation in module kernal 32 at 9696:33417489.
What does this mean???

Hi Chris,

It means you likely have one or more spy/ad applications installed on the
system. These can help:

AdawareII www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

From MVP Richard Harper on cleaning up malware infested systems:
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
place:
Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827315

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris Bondy" <ChrisBondy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I restart my computer or try to run msconfig I get the following
> error message; Memoery access violation in module kernal 32 at
> 9696:33417489.
> What does this mean???

Sounds like a virus - Win32.Swen.A
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=36939

"Chris Bondy" <ChrisBondy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I restart my computer or try to run msconfig I get the following
> error message; Memoery access violation in module kernal 32 at 9696:33417489.
> What does this mean???

FoxK

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Yep..sounds like one of 100's of W32 varients...i would go to windows and use one of their malicious software removers in standalone form....i just had a w32 as well and this one worked for me so mabey do a google

Windows-KB890830-V1.10-ENU