Error Message: Failed to save all the components for the file \System

Status
Not open for further replies.

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hello All,

A friend of mine sent me their HP laptop hoping I could fix their problem. The problem is that upon start up a cascade of messages pops up titled

"Windows - Delayed Write Failure"

"Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c"

Windows fails to finish launching and I am left with no desktop and the start menu is empty. Only on typing in "My Computer" in the start menu am I able to access the computers drives.

There are several "how to" and "What to" sets of instructions online telling users to delete this and that with a comment saying something to the effect "this is a really hard thing to remove so just download this file and let it do it for you..." For example, is this link legitimate? http://windowsprotection.net/uninstall-data-recovery-malware-sample-data-recovery-removal-tool/

About 5 minutes later another window pops up called: "Files Indexation process failed" Google gives results saying this is also a fake warning. Inevitable all roads lead to another downloadable fix miraculously called "Files indexation process failed Automatic Detection Tool (Recommended)"

This seems somewhat odd, and I am suspicious as to why none of the websites where these instructions are posted are sites that I have ever heard of before. My paranoia tells me to NOT download these files, fearful that they will cause much more harm than good.

Can anyone tell me how fix this problem? Are those links to download "fixes" legitimate?? System restore wont launch, and I have tinkered about but it seems I need help from a higher power... :hello:

Thanks, Cog

UPDATE

******************************************** FIXED FIXED FIXED**********************************************

The Laptop was completely restored thanks to Scout_03's suggestion. I Burned Malwarebytes onto a DVD and imported the file to the laptop that way. After many subsequent runs of Malwarbytes I was able to find the recovery partition that had previously been disguised as a corrupt file. Thank You Thank You Thank you! She is very very happy to have her rather "spendy" laptop back running at full speed. I AM SORRY FOR THE LATE FOLLOWUP ... LOST TRACK OF TIME!

Solution
first load malwarebytes and install then restart the computer in safe mode without network start malwarebytes and do virus check delete all file that they put in quarantine or find suspicious.close and restart computer after (the link you post is a fake tool do not touch)found answer on google

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
first load malwarebytes and install then restart the computer in safe mode without network start malwarebytes and do virus check delete all file that they put in quarantine or find suspicious.close and restart computer after (the link you post is a fake tool do not touch)found answer on google

Solution

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Scout Thank you for responding!!!

I can't load windows therefore cant get online... If I use a flash drive with malwarebytes on it do you think the flash drive will become corrupted? I'm not sure how this malware crap moves about... or maybe burn it onto a CD first?

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I burned it onto a DVD, turned the wireless modem off on the laptop and I am running the scan. The computer would not start in Safe Mode. I hope that isn't a sign of a deeper problem than expected.........

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Scout, Will you guide me to the google site you found these instructions on?I deleted the 9 "fake allert Trojans" but there is still no desktop or start menu items. Where did you find those directions?

Thanks, Cog

Followup: I was able to start in safe mode. HP required me to do DOS command thing by pressing Winkey entering msconfig and choosing safe mode under boot options. I am rescanning now.

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
OK Scout, or anyone reading this,

I have run malearebytes in safe mode and removed all Trojans. There is still nothing in the start menu. There is nothing on the desktop, no wallpaper, nothing. There are no system restore dates listed. My only option is to do a factory restore [and I would hope that would work] ... Do you or does anybody else have any ideas? Suggestions?

:eek:

Matt_Chris

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
My mom got the same thing on her computer before. "Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c” should be created by fake PC optimization software such as System Disk or Data recovery. If you want to remove such kind of computer infections, manual removal is usually necessary. "Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c" fake alert manual removal instructions: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-guide-remove-failed-to-write-all-the-components-for-the-file-system320000390c-fake-alert-completely/ Good luck!

Considering the \System32\0000390c looks blatently fake to me, I'd say you've been totaled by malware, and teh registry is totally destroyed beyond recovery. I'd backup anything important, and do a complete format of the OS. Then slap your friend for a lack of AV protection. After format, install MSE on his PC and instruct him to never remove it again.

There is a chance you do have a legitamate HD failure, however. Run a chkdsk on startup just to rule that out.

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

******************************************** FIXED FIXED FIXED***********************************

The Laptop was completely restored thanks to Scout_03's suggestion. I Burned Malwarebytes onto a DVD and imported the file to the laptop that way. After many subsequent runs of Malwarbytes I was able to find the recovery partition that had previously been disguised as a corrupt file. Thank You Thank You Thank you! She is very very happy to have her rather "spendy" laptop back running at full speed. I AM SORRY FOR THE LATE FOLLOWUP ... LOST TRACK OF TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.