Error message headed "16 bit Windows Subsystem"

I know I may be a little behind times, but the only word
processor I have ever had is Microsoft Works for Windows.
Since installing SP2, when I try to access the Works
program, I get the following error message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AUTOEXE.NT. The system is not suitable
for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
Choose 'Close' to terminate application.

The title of the error message is 16 bit Windows
Subsystem.

Am I out of luck? Will I never be able to use Microsoft
Works? Is there a way to fix this problem? Any help is
appreciated. Margaret Lambkin

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

check out :

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

Hi Margaret,

You may want to check out this information, courtesy of Ramesh [MVP]:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/16bit.htm

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"GLambkin (removethis) @Satx.rr.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:40c801c4ac83$b5c13d50$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I know I may be a little behind times, but the only word
> processor I have ever had is Microsoft Works for Windows.
> Since installing SP2, when I try to access the Works
> program, I get the following error message:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AUTOEXE.NT. The system is not suitable
> for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
> Choose 'Close' to terminate application.
>
> The title of the error message is 16 bit Windows
> Subsystem.
>
> Am I out of luck? Will I never be able to use Microsoft
> Works? Is there a way to fix this problem? Any help is
> appreciated. Margaret Lambkin

same problem here,is there any help