error message line 1773

When trying to install xp I now get an errormessage

an unexpected error (0) occured at line 1773 in
d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

Who can help me with this?

Thanks

Henk

"hemusta" <hemusta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When trying to install xp I now get an errormessage
>
>an unexpected error (0) occured at line 1773 in
>d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

Try this: ""An Unexpected Error Has Occurred (536821760)" Error
Message When You Try to Install Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316400).

--
(tm)

Sakrificer

OK. I just got the same error message as above but specifically

"An unexpected error (1112836657) occured at line 1773 in
d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

Press any key to continue"

In researching I found that one of my memory modules was bad. I would not have figured this out if it wasn't for Hemusta though... so props to you man, thanks for the help.

After removing the ram and installing new (I just so happened to have different RAM), my installation goes w/ out problems.

-Peace Out

same here

apparently someone dropped some glue on one of my new ram and i didn't noticed it

tnx you guys

gaitkeeper

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Thanks so much for this post! My aunt's computer just died, wouldn't load Windows. I told her it was probably the hard drive. I thought she picked up a virus or something (she's not real careful about what sites she visits). I tried to reload Windows before I bought her a new HD and I get this same error (20802355 Line 73). Man am I glad I tried that first...and really glad I stumbled onto this forum. $20 worth of RAM and she's back in business! You guys are AWESOME!

Thanks for the Tip. This was a pain in the @$$ error and overlooked the ram, once I changed it, I was back in business. *bows down* You guys ROCK!!!

heatter008

thank you so much...... for that very brilliant idea.... you just solve my problem.....

boogiedown

Honorable

Thanks for sharing that info,i was having the same problem did what you said and its up and running

i solve by
remove the RAM and clean both it by eraser.
after that plug-in the RAM and test each it worked.

after test i plug-in both together it work. ^^

it's grate i don't to install new Win XP.

thank you.

eXpert_76

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

When trying to install xp I now get an errormessage

an unexpected error (0) occured at line 1773 in
d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

Who can help me with this?

Thanks

Henk

theres nothing wrong with it just remove your ram ang clean the edge by bond paper and put it back...