Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message occurs:
X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
Thanks!
--
Andy

Dllreg.exe was added to your computer by the Dumaru.c virus, which is a new
variant of the Dumaru Virus. This virus searches the hard disk, looking for
files with htm, .wab, .html, .dbx, .tbb, or .abd extensions and searches for
e-mail addresses it can send itself to, which are in turn stored in
winload.log

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
occurs:
> X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
> ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
> Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
> Thanks!
> --
> Andy

I run my anti-virus alot. Is there a way to fix this so the error messages
dont' come up? Thanks for the reply man.
--
Andy

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Dllreg.exe was added to your computer by the Dumaru.c virus, which is a new
> variant of the Dumaru Virus. This virus searches the hard disk, looking for
> files with htm, .wab, .html, .dbx, .tbb, or .abd extensions and searches for
> e-mail addresses it can send itself to, which are in turn stored in
> winload.log
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
> occurs:
> > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
> > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
> > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Andy

Hi AndyJay,

Information and removal instructions for the W32.Dumaru worm:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru@mm.html
In the Manual Removal instructions is information regarding Disabling System
Restore.....do give that a read.

You could download and run the W32.Dumaru Removal Tool which should clean up
any remaining traces of the trojan:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru.removal.tool.html

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
occurs:
> X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
> ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
> Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
> Thanks!
> --
> Andy

Thanks. Will give it a shot
--
Andy

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi AndyJay,
>
> Information and removal instructions for the W32.Dumaru worm:
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru@mm.html
> In the Manual Removal instructions is information regarding Disabling System
> Restore.....do give that a read.
>
> You could download and run the W32.Dumaru Removal Tool which should clean up
> any remaining traces of the trojan:
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru.removal.tool.html
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
> occurs:
> > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
> > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
> > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Andy

You're welcome..........I hope it works :)

Regards,