Error message while loading game from disk

I recently bought a family game pack with trivial pursuit, boggle and yatzee
for my computer. When I try to install I get a message saying
"C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT....this system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and microsoft windows" HELP ME what does this mean and how
do I fix it. Please if anyone can help I have windows xp an I've tried
clearing my disk drive and defragmenting but still will not work. If anyone
can help I would appreciate it.

Hi Connie,

"ConnieM" <ConnieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7664BB4C-20EE-4B8B-B317-B19904C753AE@microsoft.com...
>I recently bought a family game pack with trivial pursuit, boggle and yatzee
> for my computer. When I try to install I get a message saying
> "C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT....this system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and microsoft windows" HELP ME what does this mean and how
> do I fix it. Please if anyone can help I have windows xp an I've tried
> clearing my disk drive and defragmenting but still will not work. If anyone
> can help I would appreciate it.

Here's an easy method to solve that error:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
(Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

* Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms