[SOLVED] error messages

Aug 2, 2020
HI. Im a newbie to forum in need of your expertise!

I have recently bought a used Toshiba satellite c50 laptop with windows 8 and I thought id try be smart and wipe off all the stuff, but think I went too far and done something wrong.

I got into the bios and enabled/disabled some things, not really knowing what I was doing.

I now received "no bootable device - please restart system". so I pressed f2 and done a few things quite blindly, and now I have a new error message
INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.0 (BUILD 083)
CHECK CABLE CONNECTION !
PXE-M10F: EXITING INTEL PXE ROM.

FOR ATHEROS PCIE ETHERNET CONTROLLER V2.1.1.2(09/06/12)
NO BOOTABLE DEVICE - INSERT BOOT DISC AND PRESS ANY KEY.
I hope someone can impart with some better ideas than I had!

thanks for reading

Solution
For any used system, you need to do a full wipe and reinstall of whatever data and OS was on there. So good on you for considering to do that.

Right now, it looks like the system has nothing to boot from. The "PXE" implies that it is looking for a network resource to boot from. Ignore that.

Why isn't it booting from whatever drive is in there?
Possibly you disabled that drive in the BIOS, or that drive is/was malfunctioning.

From a different working system, create a WIn 10 USB to boot from.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

See if it boots from that and install Win 10.

You may need to muck around in the...

USAFRet

Titan
For any used system, you need to do a full wipe and reinstall of whatever data and OS was on there. So good on you for considering to do that.

Right now, it looks like the system has nothing to boot from. The "PXE" implies that it is looking for a network resource to boot from. Ignore that.

Why isn't it booting from whatever drive is in there?
Possibly you disabled that drive in the BIOS, or that drive is/was malfunctioning.

From a different working system, create a WIn 10 USB to boot from.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

See if it boots from that and install Win 10.

You may need to muck around in the BIOS, and reenable whatever you did with the drive already in there.

Reactions: GWEN74
Solution
Aug 2, 2020
well that looks very helpful thank you USAFRet and Ralston18.

The link works and very easy to follow the instructions. I tried to download to a usb but im at work and the pc has restrictions so I will dig out an old notebook from years ago once I get home tonight and try it then.

I have managed to save the manual to my desktop and that link is very fine too. so I will any results once done. fingers crossed!

thanks guys

Aug 2, 2020
Well all ot that worked and i am now up and running on windows 10!

it took a while, approx 3 hours as it first appearead to go into a loop after installation and restart, it done it 3 times and each time was a good 20 min wait on the Please wait screen.. but its all good. wow im so relieved.

Thank you so much for the advice and instructions.

keep trucking 🆒