Error msg for Atheros PCIE ethernet controller v1.0.013(2008/10/15) check cable connection PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is indicating that your laptop doesn't have a boot device.
Your hard drive is not working and therefore you are unable to boot the computer. The computer is attempting to PXE boot through the network. Obviously you don't have an ethernet cable plugged in with a server on your network to boot from.
You need to check the boot order in the BIOS and ensure that the hard drive is in the boot order -- probably after the DVD drive. If it is not listed in the boot order, then you have a problem with the disk. Replacing the HD and reloading the OS would be your only option at that point, especially if the HD is NOT recognized in BIOS.

teshia76

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

it wont. If you read what I wrote, I explained what your error means. your laptop is looking for an alternate boot device, which you don't have, unless you have a server on a network to boot from, which I doubt you do.
in simple terms.... you need a new hard drive. your laptop will NOT work until the hard drive is replaced, your laptop has nothing to boot from, and therefor it will not.
replace the hard drive, and reload the operating system. until that is done, your laptop will NOT boot.

teshia76

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

Jay_161

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

Hi. I'm having the same issue, except my hard drive is in the list of boot options

Status
Not open for further replies.