Error: No disc inserted or drive not ready

eduardor2k

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Hi to everyone.
I'm new on this forum and i would like to ask a question of how to fix a problem i been having since a couple of weeks.

Two weeks ago my DVD Burner an LG DVD Burner, Produced in December 2005 and bought it on March 2006, stopped reading empty DVD's, so i tried with empty DVD's from the other manufacturers.

Verbatim
Ritek
Samsung

But all gaved me the same error, although some Verbatim DVD arrived to read the correctly, some of the burned succesfully and some other failed!.

I went to the shop where i bought my DVD Burner and I installed three new burners on mycomputer setup and all DVD burners showed the same message.

Nero: No disc inserted or drive not ready, please try again
ImgBurn: Device not ready (Logicalunit not ready, cause not reportable)

Thanks for reading this and sorry for my english, it's not my primary languaje.

Any comment or thought would be helpfull.

Thanks.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
since you have been already use many drivers and have the smae results, it is definitely a software problem.
try use other burning software.
also u can use dvd indentifier to show the id manufactur data of the blank discs.
http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/
i recomand u use recordnow max
http://www.download.com/3000-2646_4-10066409.html
good luck.

McPhisto

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
I'd suggest you check for firmware updates for your dvd writer.
Most manufacturers release firmware updates to fix bugs and also to recognise newer makes of media.
NB. flashing firmware incorrectly or using the wrong firmware can kill your writer.

If you have Nero, you can use Nero Info Tool to determine which version firmware your drive is using.

eduardor2k

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I'd suggest you check for firmware updates for your dvd writer.
Most manufacturers release firmware updates to fix bugs and also to recognise newer makes of media.
NB. flashing firmware incorrectly or using the wrong firmware can kill your writer.

If you have Nero, you can use Nero Info Tool to determine which version firmware your drive is using.

Thanks for answering.
I did upgrade the firmware of my LG from V10 to 13 and now it recognizes correctly the DVD's.

Thanks for helping.

Eduardo