Error on startup 08007025D

finnfierro

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Greetings. Yesterday afternoon my cleaner came and turned my monitor off thinking it would turn my pc off. I turned my pc on after and turned my monitor on. Stupid me believed that my monitor was broken but infact windows was updating, i then shut my pc off by the power mains. My pc would then startup telling me my windows was broken and that i need to use an indtallation media. I created one and tried using it but also did not work. So then i tried deleting all data on my harddrive from an live cd programme. It worked but now when i try and put any installation media on it it gives me ^this error. Ive been reading that my hdd could be corrupt or my ram could be broken. Please help. Thanks

Solution
Did you check the Boot Order? When you're reformatting a machine you need to ensure that the media you're booting the installation media from is #1 in your Boot Order. That should fix the installation media issue.

Subsuquantly, there is a 99.99% chance that this is a corrupted/damaged Boot Manager. If you're not aware of what a Boot Manager is, it's the part of your computer that prepares your machine and loads the OS. If it's corrupted or damaged, Windows won't load. There's always a good chance that if you do an improper shutdown during an update that this will happen.

You can try running Startup Repair on the Boot Manager. It sounds like it's too damaged for those repairs but you can try. In cases of a corrupted/damaged Boot...

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Did you check the Boot Order? When you're reformatting a machine you need to ensure that the media you're booting the installation media from is #1 in your Boot Order. That should fix the installation media issue.

Subsuquantly, there is a 99.99% chance that this is a corrupted/damaged Boot Manager. If you're not aware of what a Boot Manager is, it's the part of your computer that prepares your machine and loads the OS. If it's corrupted or damaged, Windows won't load. There's always a good chance that if you do an improper shutdown during an update that this will happen.

You can try running Startup Repair on the Boot Manager. It sounds like it's too damaged for those repairs but you can try. In cases of a corrupted/damaged Boot Manager, you need to either run Startup Repair or reformat the machine.

Regardless of the step you take to get back online, I highly recommend that you back up your system. A snapshot tool like RollBack Rx or a disk imager like Macrium Reflect will work.

Solution