Question Error "Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource" ?

Jun 3, 2023
I have a big problem I was playing Jedi Survivor and I had a bunch of crashes, but you know that kind of game, so much so that after these sudden crashes during the game I even restarted but I saw during the game loading this error:

" Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource "

Now I have the same error in Dead Island 2. I fixed the game files I updated the BIOS nothing helps.In addition to this error I have blue screen page fault in nonpaged area. I have also dealt with the page file cleaning cache repair files etc.

In addition to this error I have blue screens page fault in nonpaged area more than once (I changed the ram slots)

My hardware is:
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4
CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF, 5300 MHz 53 x 100
GPU: Palit RTX 4090
PSU: be quiet! BN312 Dark Power PRO 12 1500W PC power supply titanium
RAM: Mushkin MLX4C320EJJP32G 2x 32 GB RAM DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)

I have a big problem I was playing Jedi Survivor and I had a bunch of crashes, but you know that kind of game, so much so that after these sudden crashes during the game I even restarted but I saw during the game loading this error:

" Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource "

Now I have the same error in Dead Island 2. I fixed the game files I updated the BIOS nothing helps.In addition to this error I have blue screen page fault in nonpaged area. I have also dealt with the page file cleaning cache repair files etc.

In addition to this error I have blue screens page fault in nonpaged area more than once (I changed the ram slots)

My hardware is:
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4
CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF, 5300 MHz 53 x 100
GPU: Palit RTX 4090
PSU: be quiet! BN312 Dark Power PRO 12 1500W PC power supply titanium
RAM: Mushkin MLX4C320EJJP32G 2x 32 GB RAM DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)
I would try upgrading your memory, you have a fast cpu and superior gpu paired with 2666mhz memory. I think it is sucking wind if you will. In the interim you can try manually increasing your page file/virtual memory, updating your gpu drivers, check for any other driver updates.

Jun 3, 2023
Spróbowałbym pamięci, masz szybki procesor i kontrolę karty graficznej w pamięci z pamięcią 2666 MHz. Myślę, że to zasysa wiatr, jeśli wolisz. W przypadku, gdy możliwe jest podłączenie dodatkowego pliku stronicowania/pamięci wirtualnej, sterowniki GPU i sprawdzenie dostępności innych sterowników.
I have a gigantic page file( 100 GB), I've done it all (DDU in safe mode). I also checked the ram is ok 4 runs including hammer test 7.5 hours of testing. In addition, I had blue screens Often after a crash but sometimes after a reboot: system service exception Ntfs.sys, page fault in nonpaged area, critical process died ntoskrnl.exe. I even enabled vram sharing(This is what they advised me).

Last edited:
I have a gigantic page file( 100 GB)
Don't do that. Those are ridiculous virtual memory settings.
Set pagefile to 4GB initial 16GB max.

Mushkin MLA4C320GJJM32GX2 is 3200mhz ram.
Go into BIOS and enable XMP mode.

Also disable integrated GPU in BIOS.
Make sure, monitor is connected to your graphics card (not to motherboard).

Please show screenshot from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

What kind of drive do you have? Have you run sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth ? Did you install any new device or update any drivers right before this problem started? Any new Window update installed or Window updates waiting to be installed?

Jun 3, 2023
I was doing this. But now I have a big problem because OCCT benchmark in 3d standard test 2 times made a crash at 15 min and the second time at 25 min. Furmark 1 and 2 showed nothing the same with 3d mark. Vram turned out to be good, the whole hour it was going well

Aug 2, 2023
Have you always have pagefile in this way or only after the problem?

It's important to say that there is no singular reason to change this setting. I even don't understand why Microsoft continues to allow such a thing to be done. It never made sense and with Windows 10 or 11, even less so.

It can be a faulty memory too.

Even if these memories eventually passed on benchmark or tests, it proves nothing. You will need reliable, test bench memories, to test. And of course it could also be other things like bad contact.

During the tests, keep your PC completely stock. From Windows configuration, drivers to any BIOS configuration.

Jun 3, 2023
Ram memory I'm sure I have a good one I did a 7.5 hour memtest86 4 runs. I need to have a fixed size, because the previous SSD sat down from overwriting the memory file. I have read about it an forums. Now I reduced it from 96 GB to 16 GB and will still check

TransCP6 Hello. The common thread in your issue is that both games are Unreal Engine 5 titles (Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Dead Island 2). Based on a few google searches, I don't think that your issue is related to video memory; I suspect it's a result and not the cause of your issue.

ytAU7oS.jpg

** notes **

google query: rtx 4090 Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource

result #1 (which led to result #2 below)
RTX 4090 (Out-of-Memory)

result #2
Motherboard BIOS Settings May Be the Cause for Instability Issues with Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen Unlocked Desktop Processors

Any update? Please let me know if the fixes that I have previously referenced have resolved the game crashes. Thanks. Below are several information sources citing the same issue.

Here is Matthew Connatser's original Tom's Hardware article about the subject:
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...blame-other-high-end-intel-cpus-also-affected

View: https://twitter.com/Sebasti66855537/status/1760034497045623121

tjcP6a8.jpg

To everyone experiencing shader compilation "Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource" errors

Intel Processor Instability Causing Oodle Decompression Failures
https://www.radgametools.com/oodleintel.htm

Jun 3, 2023
Another crash after 30 minutes of 3d standard OCCT benchmark test. The processor test passed fine. I do not have the multiplier unlocked in the BIOS :(

Jun 3, 2023
It's been ok for a long time as I've downgraded x51 only watchdogs a problem, but as I see hundreds of posts from another forum I can see that my board model prevents intel extreme settings from being remembered and on my board it can't be set in UEFI bios .

May 5, 2024
same here with a rtx 4900, intel i9 13900K, 64gb ram.
I lowered the performance multiplier of CPU with intel extreme tuning utility and it worked like a charm

Reactions: rcald2000
Jun 3, 2023
It's OK, after an even newer BIOS update it correctly starts up my intel extreme tuning pro remembering the settings, but when moving the core voltage I have a lightning bolt symbol, and it communicates that “Undervolt protection is enabled and will prevent voltage from being set below the boot-time voltage. Default values can become invalid with Undervolt Protection enabled” But after all, Undervolt Protection is required for this program to turn on at all. How do you set the fixed core voltage offset to 51x the core performance?