Question Error showed up out of nowhere and it keeps showing up

May 16, 2019
I was with my phone and a error message showed up in the bottom of the screen saying...

"Unexpected Error. Closing Application. Attempt to invoke virtual method 'org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection orgg.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect()' on a null object reference."

Now this error keeps popping up every 3s or so its just extremely annoying and can barely use my phone like this, please help :)

May 16, 2019
Depends what you have installed last.
Backup your phone data and best is to restart/reset.

That is some java error?
I didnt install anything recently, so i don't think its related to that. I restarted (turned off and on) a few times and it's still there. IDK If it's a java related, i dont know anything about this at all. Any other suggestion?

May 16, 2019
The error is thrown from application associated with Jive Software. I can't see anything specific on their products which would be of interest for the average Joe, though, so it's either badly written "customer retention application", or random bug.

I dont think i have any Jive Software apps in my phone, but anyways the error dissapeared today without me doing anything, after 2 days of non stop pop ups. I dont understand anything :/