Error when booting PC

Haakon Birk

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
When i boot my pc, sometimes I get the message "Pcen må repareres" (My computer is in Norwegian and the message translates to "Pc needs to be repaired"). I get the message on a solid blue screen with nothing else. If i reboot my PC it boots without any errors.

So is this something I should be worried about?

My operating system is Windows 8.1 and it is installed on a custom built PC.

Solution
Hi there Haakon Birk,

Most probably there is something wrong with the HDD. I would advise you to back up the data stored on it until you sort this out.
After that, you can just test the drive either with a brand specific HDD testing tool or a third party one. The results should provide a S.M.A.R.T report which will show the overall health status of the drive.
In case the results show that the HDD is healthy, you can try: re seating the drive, connecting it with different cables(SATA and power) and even changing the SATA port.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD
Hi there Haakon Birk,

Most probably there is something wrong with the HDD. I would advise you to back up the data stored on it until you sort this out.
After that, you can just test the drive either with a brand specific HDD testing tool or a third party one. The results should provide a S.M.A.R.T report which will show the overall health status of the drive.
In case the results show that the HDD is healthy, you can try: re seating the drive, connecting it with different cables(SATA and power) and even changing the SATA port.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

Solution