Error when installing Realtek Audio Driver - 0x00000002

Vulpyne

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I recently got a new mobo - MSI Z87 G45 Gaming - and as soon as I got windows up and running, I installed the drivers. When I installed the Realtek HD audio drivers, my speakers were recognised but no sound played through the so I tried to reinstall but ever since then I've got the error 0x00000002 when trying to install and my speakers aren't being picked up.

I also tried plugging my tv in through the hdmi port of my GPU - nvidia GTX 670 - my computer picks up the signal and has set it as my default sound device but no sound comes out nor do I have the option to change volume

I have no idea whats wrong with it, in device manager there's an audio device with a yellow warning beside it, its listed underneath other devices, the warning just says that no drivers are installed and whenever I try to install them through the manager windows just says it cant find the file, although it recognises its looking for realtek drivers.

If you need any other info just say, I'm not sure what else to say, thanks

Vulpyne

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

I've tried that yeah, I also tried after disabling signature verification. The original installation was just a normal solution without any of that though

TRENDING THREADS