Error when launching games (fixed after restart)

AJTPanda

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
Evening guys,

having a very consistent issue once or twice a day that goes away after a restart that consists of whenever i try and launch a game (Say Hearthstone for example) i get an error stating "The game crashed. Crash report ......./ it would be great if you'd send it to the devs!" (paraphrasing but it mainly just tells you where the error report is, after checking with Blizz support they mentioned the crash report says that directx is unable to initialise.

he mentioned a recent upgrade on graphics driver without a reset could cause it so restarted which fixed issue (thought this was just localised to HS) next day finished champ select on LoL and again i get a DirectX error, restart fixed it again.

Have clean installed GPU drivers and was looking into clearing DirectX and reinstalling (unsure if its like some of the required things for games where everytime you install a game it overwrites the previous install)

CPU: I5 6600K OC'd to4.4GHz
GPU: MSI 1070 Armor OC
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz

AJTPanda

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015

Rolled them back to the previous version, thinking about it the problems may have started near that time. will update if it keeps happening