Error When Shutting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalDbag

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
My computer does this every time it turns off. And I've been having issues with games not running and I have a suspicion it's related. Anyone know what it means?

Solution
It happens when explorer tries to access memory that has been freed by shutting down the computer. It isn't anything to worry about and should go away in future updates. I don't think it would have anything to do with games not running. Windows 10 is pretty unstable right now and will have quite a bit of bugs, with more coming out. If you are running the tech demo I recommend downgrading using an old windows disk until a few weeks after windows 10 comes out.

P.S. If that old windows disk is older than Windows Vista you may just want to stick with the tech demo, but be careful.

jman005

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
It happens when explorer tries to access memory that has been freed by shutting down the computer. It isn't anything to worry about and should go away in future updates. I don't think it would have anything to do with games not running. Windows 10 is pretty unstable right now and will have quite a bit of bugs, with more coming out. If you are running the tech demo I recommend downgrading using an old windows disk until a few weeks after windows 10 comes out.

P.S. If that old windows disk is older than Windows Vista you may just want to stick with the tech demo, but be careful.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.