Error while trying to create a system image

Rhythorn

Prominent
May 16, 2017
So recently I wanted to completely backup my HDD and decided to system image it. But an error (image below) kept cropping up. I tried looking up the hex code of the error but the issues were in a different context compared to mine. This has happened two times already now and hence I have come here after the third time. The error has not been the same each time though. I was only able to get the picture of the last one. But the first time it happened it had something about semaphone time and accessing a remote shared folder.
http://imgur.com/a/1hNa7 - image link

Solution
The USB flash drive does not need to hold 141 GB of data. It only needs to be large enough to hold the boot media (in my case I use Acronis True Image Home) for creating disk images. If your primary storage device ever failed or got so corrupted that you wanted to restore from the image stored on your external drive, you would insert the USB boot media (or cd/dvd in my case), and boot from there, because if the primary drive failed you would not be able to boot from the copy of the imaging software stored there.

Rhythorn

Prominent
May 16, 2017

Yes I am using the built-in utility. I am imaging both Drive C: and H: (System Reserved)
As for chkdsk, I am running it as of now on my external HDD but due to file sizes it is taking some time. I will revert back to you once it is done. But one of my main concerns was not the chkdsk error but the fact that the error changed after the first time. Here is an another image link for the first error : http://imgur.com/a/RXuRn

Rhythorn

Prominent
May 16, 2017

No... I am sorry for the confusion.
I was system imaging my C: drive and H: drive (which contains my System Reserved Partition) both on my Internal HD onto my Extenal HDD

If you are fully backing up your hard drive, you want to backup your full drive, not just those two partitions. Things will be a huge mess if you try to restore them. I wold not use the Windows imaging utility, never got anywhere using it. Try Macrium Reflect and create a boot media on a USB stick for imaging.

Rhythorn

Prominent
May 16, 2017

The reason I was only doing those two was because the other partition I only use to store movies as a temporary buffer unitl I transfer them to my external HDD so nothing of importance there. But if you still recommend I do it, I will. I had heard of Macrium but went with the Windows because it had gotten "usable" reviews from other people. But yea, Will try it out after the chkdsk finishes. Ohh and as for the usb, I dont have a big enough usb to fit my Imaging data in because its around 141 gb.
And what do you think about the semaphone related error that I had posted in the second image link? Any clues to why that happened?

The USB flash drive does not need to hold 141 GB of data. It only needs to be large enough to hold the boot media (in my case I use Acronis True Image Home) for creating disk images. If your primary storage device ever failed or got so corrupted that you wanted to restore from the image stored on your external drive, you would insert the USB boot media (or cd/dvd in my case), and boot from there, because if the primary drive failed you would not be able to boot from the copy of the imaging software stored there.

Solution