darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,

I keep getting this error. It follows immediately after my system freezes completely, audio still works but cant move mouse or ctrl + alt + delete. only thing I can do is hold power button and restart. Noticing high temp levels on my gpu 70 degrees to 85 degrees.

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 23/01/2013 8:34:05 PM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DarinBrombizzle
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-24T03:34:05.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1240</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DarinBrombizzle</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU x9650 @ 3.00 GHz
Ram 4 GB ddr3
64 bit OS

nvidia 9800 GX2 (x2) w/ SLI bridge - and its enabled

Chipset nforce790i Ultra SLI SPP
nforce 790i Ultra SLI MCP

Just a side note, I also am monitoring my GPU temps and core temps - noticed the GPU @ 80 degrees, which seems a bit hot...

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Have not tried booting into safe mode, and seeing if this error occurs as I only get this error after a hard hang and my whole system freezes, can still hear audio such as skype but cant do anything but hold my power button and shut down the PC.

This hard hang usually occurs when playing CS: GO, or watching a movie... mainly when playing a game.

Hello... Sounds like a ram problem... are you overclocking it? can you reduce your ram speed in the BIO's... what is your motherboard/system/CPU temps? Can you run HWmonitor and report back... your amont of Ram is low... verify your not running other software in the background with the task manager, using up your avaiable RAM... what software/game is causing this? Is this a new build/hardware? What has changed? Has you system worked fine for a while before this problem?

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I recently ran Memtest v4.20 and It found no errors, this has been an ongoing issue and I have formatted my computer at least 3 times in the past month.

I am not overclocking it, and I will check my bios to see what its settings are. The game I am running is Counter-Strike Global Offensive, but like I said it happens sometimes when I am running movies.

The core temps are:

c0 - 33 degrees
c1 - 32 degrees
c2 - 37 degrees
c3 - 37 degrees

when nothing is running. may jump between 35-39 but rarely see the temp over 40.

Ram Being Used: 1526 / 4095MB

the GPU or graphics card is anywhere between 65 degrees to 85 degrees which is hot! right now I have mozilla running and skype and steam, as well as 2 tempurature monitoring programs.

When I run counter strike the temp goes up to 80-86 degrees which is not good...

My system has been having this issue ever since i owned it.

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I am not sure if the windows error up top is the problem but it seems to appear whenever my system freezes and I have to hold my power button down and reset my computer. With the hot temps I am getting with the graphics card I am wondering if the computers graphics cards 1 or both might be dying and or the cooling in this case isnt sufficient.

Hello... do you have case fans? is your case hot to touch? if the graphic card was running too hot, you would not see graphics after the crash, BUT heat from the graphic card is spread to all other hardware in your case... Heat is the worst enemy to anything electronic... what are your FAN speeds running at when gaming? any piece of hardware loses communication for just a instance will cause a crash with your Operating system or Motherboard. Shut off any fan failure protection mode in your BIO's, Shut off any temperature protection mode in your BIO's, to determine a Fan or temperature problem, reporting to the motherboard.

It's time to un-plug everything and clean/inspect all your pins/connectors/fans/power/drives... inspect your motherboard for any ruptured capacitors or Hot Spots... check for newer BIO's/drivers... re-load/clean OS install... Try a newer Power Supply.

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I have 2 fans in the top of my case and 1 with the power supply of course, and 1 over the processor, and smaller ones in the bottom, the case is not hot to the touch or hot at all. The fan speeds are running around 60 to 70 % at all times. Ill check out the temp protection modes in the bois and look for an updated version and post when I do this. I will do this right away. Thanks for the quick replys BTW!

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Just updated my bios, restored all the settings to factory defaults, same with my CMOS. the startup is a little funny now, tries to recognize floppy disks and skips the speed step. These of course are usually and I am not worried as I can play around with my settings later. I am going to see how stable my system runs now with this new bios. Already I am seeing lower temps with my video cards and fan speeds.

The Cores are also running WAY BETTER AS WELL!!!! everything is now running at 0% up to 6% while i have the same applications open as before and only jump when i play games. I will run everything as I have before and see if i get any crashes. I will let you know if anything happens. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOU HELP AND ADVICE! MOOCHO APPRECIATO!!!

darinbromby415

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Okay, so within minutes of starting up a game (counter strike: global offensive) my computer crashed, however the system did not freeze. The display went black as if I had shut it off and the computer was still on and running - I know this because you can still here everything going inside of it. Just like the old crash I was getting nothing seemed to be able to fix it except for holding the power button and then restarting the computer...