Errore on installing SP2

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Hello,

Dell4600SP1
80g HD
512 Ram

I DL'ed SP2 yesterday & had some problems.

First I scanned with Norton, & on line Trend....clean.

Used Adware, Spysweeper, Spybot...clean

After the download, it installed, when it finished it asked for reboot,then
asked for updates to be turned on. Next, then i got a blue screen, waited
for 10 minutes still blue & got the following msg:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program c:\windows\system32\svc.exe

r6025
-pure virual function call

I did some research, fining out you can unitsall from add remove programs.
So i looked & sure enough SP2 was listed, so I removed it.

Another error after removal:
Rundll
error loading c:\windows\system32\firewall.cpl
The speciefied module could not be found.

Now, everything has been working fine, I have had no problems at all.
I am thinking a bad download, maybe connected with the modem?

I finally got a SP2 disk at one of the stores. Now the disk says use it &
pass it on to a friend. It went in my gf's pc fine. I am thinking of trying
the disk instead of DL'ing.

Any advice appreciate,
Doc

Service Pack Installation Checklist: