[SOLVED] Errors on drive - can't seem to fix

nsellenbrown96

Commendable
Apr 13, 2018
Hi

I noticed that my PC on boot up has stopped booting straight into windows and instead whilst in the bios comes up with "scanning (C;) drive for errors, press any key to skip" (aorus Bios) and then boots windows and the PC works completely fine.

I ignored it for a while but then had a google and it said not to ignore it. When I go to properties and run and error test I get the following:
https://www.google.com/search?q=win...CA0QBg&biw=3440&bih=1329#imgrc=0RzEQjD1ax9PtM

However when I click repair drive and go through the process and my PC restarts, nothing changes. The error remains.

Also if I run the cmd chkdsk, it worked once before I think but didnt do anything. Now if I try to do it it tells me I don't have sufficient privaliges or the disk may be locked by something else. Its my personal computer and I am the only user so I'm not sure why this would be the case.

Has anyone had this before? Pretty new to me.

The SSD with the error is one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CGGNX7S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks

Solution
Hi

Thanks for the help, I did this and it says that it found no errors. However when i do it through the windows it still shows the error and the bios is still scanning for errors on start.

Seems strange?
Well how many drives do you have on this machine?
This message can probably appear because either other drives are damaged or a windows reserved partition or some other hidden partition is damaged and you don't have the permission to fix it.

You can try fixing your drives in windows recovery console. You have to go to the recovery console and then using 'diskpart' command assign temporary drive letters to each partition and then run that 'chkdsk' command against all the partitions present on the machine.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
You have to simply open a command prompt with admin privileges (if you are using windows 10 right click on start and then select command prompt (admin) or powershell (admin) )and run the following command:
Code:
chkdsk C: /F /V /R /X /B
In that command, If windows is not installed on C: then you have to replace "C:" with the drive letter that windows is installed on.

Then you have to restart the system and wait for it to check the file system. It is going to take a long time if you are not using an SSD or if the C: drive is very big.
Afterwards you can check the results using Windows event viewer.

hope this helps,
cheers

nsellenbrown96

Commendable
Apr 13, 2018
You have to simply open a command prompt with admin privileges (if you are using windows 10 right click on start and then select command prompt (admin) or powershell (admin) )and run the following command:
Code:
chkdsk C: /F /V /R /X /B
In that command, If windows is not installed on C: then you have to replace "C:" with the drive letter that windows is installed on.

Then you have to restart the system and wait for it to check the file system. It is going to take a long time if you are not using an SSD or if the C: drive is very big.
Afterwards you can check the results using Windows event viewer.

hope this helps,
cheers
Hi

Thanks for the help, I did this and it says that it found no errors. However when i do it through the windows it still shows the error and the bios is still scanning for errors on start.

Seems strange?

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hi

Seems strange?
Well how many drives do you have on this machine?
This message can probably appear because either other drives are damaged or a windows reserved partition or some other hidden partition is damaged and you don't have the permission to fix it.

You can try fixing your drives in windows recovery console. You have to go to the recovery console and then using 'diskpart' command assign temporary drive letters to each partition and then run that 'chkdsk' command against all the partitions present on the machine.

Solution