Betty

When I start up, I get 2 error messages: one that says windows cannot find
"e" and another that says windows cannot find "2.dll" Can anyone help me with
what this means?

Betty do a check for Malware. Use all of these free sites

http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adware-and-Spyware-Scanner/3640-8022_4-10377953.html?sb=1&v=0

http://www.webroot.com/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

"betty" <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start up, I get 2 error messages: one that says windows cannot find
> "e" and another that says windows cannot find "2.dll" Can anyone help me
> with
> what this means?

Betty

I got rid of the error re. the 'e' by changing some programs that run at
startup. When I do a registry edit, I can delete the key for the '2 dll', but
it is rewritten into the registry when I reboot. I downloaded the software
from the sites mentioned below and ran the programs, but it was of no help
with the '2 dll' error. Thanks for your response.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Betty do a check for Malware. Use all of these free sites
>
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
>
> http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adware-and-Spyware-Scanner/3640-8022_4-10377953.html?sb=1&v=0
>
> http://www.webroot.com/
>
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
>

> "betty" <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I start up, I get 2 error messages: one that says windows cannot find
> > "e" and another that says windows cannot find "2.dll" Can anyone help me
> > with
> > what this means?

Betty

In correction to my previous entry: Actually I am unable to delete the
"2.dll" key. I think I deleted it, but when I run reg.edit again it is still
there.