Escndv.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I have been trying to figure out a fix for this all night long and I have finally decided I need some help. I have tried every solution that I could find on the internet and I still get the same problem.

I have an epson perfection 4490 PHOTO scanner and when I double click the epson scan icon an error pops up that says "escndv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I went through the whole solution that was here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/18636-3-escndv-encountered-problem-close and it didn't work... in fact I did it once and it didnt work and so I did it all over again just to make sure i didn't miss something and i still get the same error.

I also tried the solution where you go into the es0054 folder and delete the image file... problem is there is no image file in that folder... i don't understand how there are tons of people that say this has fixed their problem when mine doesn't even have that image file to delete.

Anyways, I give up and was really hoping that someone could help me turn this pretty box sitting next to my computer into a useful item.

Thanks a TON to anyone that can help me with this.

-Kadin

xvvvz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
I would go search the archives over at the photo-i scanning forums (http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewforum.php?f=63) and at the Epson scanner users' group over at yahoo groups. This problem has been discusses a few times.

Doug
---
BetterScanning.com - Innovative Accessories for Better Film Scanning
http://www.BetterScanning.com/

Kadin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Thanks for the reply... the first "solution" that I went through was from that first link that you posted and it did not work.

I can't seem to find anything related to it on the yahoo groups page but I will keep looking.

If anyone can help me i would reeeeeally appreciate it. I'm really going mad not being able to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Kadin

Kadin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Pleeeeeeeease help me. I am very frustrated right now. I have tried everything I can think of. I just talked to epson support for about an hour and after going through all the same crap that I have already done (even though I told them I had already done it) my phone got cut off. So I would have to go through everything again if I called them back.

Can anyone help?

Kadin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
For those of you that still have this problem and can't fix it and no one will help you. Just download VueScan and use that instead of the software that comes with your epson scan.

G

Hi Kadin, I'm Gabriel From Italy.
I had abruptly today (22 June 2010) your same problem with an Epson D5000 printer and thne program EpsonScan on a wxp .
I try to uninstall and reinstall several times but without any success.
I solved it going inside the windows\twin32\escndv and setting all the .Exe files in this directory and in the below root to be exectuted in W98 mode selecting Property and under teh Compatibility windows.

After that the program coenm back to life :) !!

I think that some winows update lock some dll used by the Sw: working in W98 compatibility it override this strange control.

Bye!

Windtee

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Kadin,

I had the exact problem you had concerning "Epson Perfection 4490 PHOTO scanner".

With the scanner on, connected to your computer, and with the CD/Driver (which was included) inserted into the CD-drive... do the following.

In WIN XP Sp3 click:

> Start
> Settings
> Control Panel
> Add Remove Programs

Look for EPSON Scanner:

> Click Change/Remove

RESTART COMPUTER.

Computer screen will show "FOUND NEW HARDWARE".

Follow the steps slowly and carefully being sure you instructed your PC to FIND SOFTWARE from DISC.

After PC is done copying files to HDD (Hard Disc Drive), your hardware (EPSON Scanner) will be installed and ready to run.

All of these steps were done once and... I'm back in business!

Status
Not open for further replies.