Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2020
my pc has gotten alot of bsods (kmode_exception_not_handled,system_service_exception, system_service_exception aswbidsdriver.sys, irql_not_less_or_equal) most of them seemed to be fixed but ive been getting irql_not_less_or_equal alot (atleast once a day so far) and i checked the log things (event viewer) and theres alot of errors and warnings the errors are all/mostly from esent and says error -1023 occurred while opening logfile c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\tiledatalayer\database\edb.log. (idk if this is whats actually causing the issue tho) and alot of warnings with application-specific permission settings do not grant local activation permission for com server application with clsid. and i see errors followed by critical ones which are the ones that say system shutdown was unexpected but idk what the issue is

(note: im big dumb so plz no big words)

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

every PC on earth gets essent errors, they don't necessarily mean anything.
aswbidsdriver.sys is part of avast, my normal answer to that would be update your lan/wifi drivers (whichever you use).
Jun 22, 2020
my pc has gotten alot of bsods (kmode_exception_not_handled,system_service_exception, system_service_exception aswbidsdriver.sys, irql_not_less_or_equal) most of them seemed to be fixed but ive been getting irql_not_less_or_equal alot (atleast once a day so far) and i checked the log things (event viewer) and theres alot of errors and warnings the errors are all/mostly from esent and says error -1023 occurred while opening logfile c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\tiledatalayer\database\edb.log. (idk if this is whats actually causing the issue tho) and alot of warnings with application-specific permission settings do not grant local activation permission for com server application with clsid. and i see errors followed by critical ones which are the ones that say system shutdown was unexpected but idk what the issue is . ive also gotten alot of memory management bsods
edit: sfc/scannow repaired some files and i havent gotten a bsod yet but its only been like 10mins. i also got a non paged bsod. nvm it didt fix.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

aswbidsdriver.sys is part of avast, my normal answer to that would be update your lan/wifi drivers (whichever you use).

Solution
Jun 22, 2020

k. the main bsod im getting is memory management. could that be a issue with my ram?. ill send it once i get a bsod again. idk if this is right https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdwc72q9azlgism/070420-5593-01.zip?dl=0
actually i upgraded my pc like last week from a intel i5 2500k to a amd ryzen 7 2700x and a z68 ud3r gigabyte mobo to a b350m artic. could it be driver issues from my old one? i didt reinstall windows. or just other issues from my upgrade? should i do a clean install

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
actually i upgraded my pc like last week from a intel i5 2500k to a amd ryzen 7 2700x and a z68 ud3r gigabyte mobo to a b350m artic. could it be driver issues from my old one? i didt reinstall windows. or just other issues from my upgrade? should i do a clean install

OMG yes, do a clean install. Swapping motherboard and CPU from AMD to Intel is a really good reason to clean install

could also be ram as is your current ram on the Motherboard ram listing?

Jun 22, 2020
OMG yes, do a clean install. Swapping motherboard and CPU from AMD to Intel is a really good reason to clean install

could also be ram as is your current ram on the Motherboard ram listing?
its a a g.skill value 16gb (2x8gb) or somthing. how do i do a clean install anyway? the only thing that happens is it says cant upgrade to win2004 or somthing and i dont see any reinstall thing. i removed one of the ram sticks and my pc hasnt had any bsods YET but im not sure as i havent done much on it yet. so what did the minidumps say? its been 2 days and i havent gotten a bsod with 1 ram stick but i wanne use both if thats possible

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020
I didn't look at the dumps as if you swapped CPU/motherboard there is a good chance its wrong drivers. Clean install should fix that.

How to clean install -
Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
i tried that but it only showed update to windows 10 v2004. also my computer has being running fine no bsods (for like 3 days so far havent gotten any) with 1 ram stick so i think its a ram issue but idk what it is. ill reinstall my other ram stick and see how my pc runs but i dont think its driver issues since it runs fine with 1 ram stick

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have asked a friend to look at dumps, he might post later. It will at least show ram codes so I can look on motherboard listing and see if they are on it.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/G896GqZp
File information:070520-5937-01.dmp (Jul 4 2020 - 23:58:58)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:070520-5656-01.dmp (Jul 5 2020 - 00:14:22)
Bugcheck:IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE (C8)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: provtool.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File information:070420-5593-01.dmp (Jul 4 2020 - 08:32:50)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgntflt.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

File information:070420-5296-01.dmp (Jul 4 2020 - 08:54:24)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

File information:070420-5546-02.dmp (Jul 4 2020 - 08:42:24)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-MORTAR-ARCTIC.html
There is a BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jun 22, 2020
yea thats my mobo. i havent gotten a single bsod after removing one of my ram sticks and today when i placed it in to test it i got a cpu and dram red debug light and my pc wouldt boot and kept restarting then after removing it again everything was fine also my psu isnt very good rn and im scared it might fail if i do try updating my bios. about last week the psu fan was making alot of noise and i fixed it by idk i just pulled it out and reinstalled it upwards. so idk if i should update it with my current psu (its a cx500 or somthing) but im buying a new one but im not sure which one i should get. also what does updating the bios do? i use msi afterburner to control my graphics card fan since i dont rly like my parts getting to hot so i like to keep it around 50c. im pretty sure the bsods are related to my ram stick since my pc runs perfectly without it

Jun 22, 2020
is this the same problem as this thread? https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/bsod.3621910/

as if you are still getting help there, I am not going to offer any advice. If onespeed can't help, I will go from there.
It can get confusing if you getting help in 2 threads at once.
well yea but idk how to close threads or something. also every now and then my pc lags out and my ssd also gets rly slow sometimes (bx500)

Status
Not open for further replies.