Question Esstential phone bluetooth problem

Jul 4, 2019
im not really sure where to post this becouse im new but here we go. two weeks ago I bought a used essential phone. I love it and pretty much everything works great, but I've been having issues with the wifi and Bluetooth, I own a pair of vmoda Crossfade headphones and the phone connects fine and it sounds fine when it's on the table but as soon as I put it on or move my head the sounds start cutting out, it's extremely frustrating and I hope there's nothing wrong with the phone, my last device (HTC ONE M8) worked fine I even tested my brothers phone (Xiaomi Pocophone) and I couldn't hear anything unusual. I should also mention that I believe this phone is an American version and I live in Europe. i already tried searching for the problem with no luck. also tried reddit but still nothing soi guess this is my last resort, also could this be an android 9 issue ive never had any other version since i had this device.
thanks in advance

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I suspect that either of your devices has an older version of bluetooth. Your headphones need to be bluetooth 4 or later to get an enjoyable experience.

The sound is cutting because you are taking the headphone beyond it's working range.

Bluetooth 4 is ideal for up to 10 metres (if no obstacles in between), but the smaller in-ear headsets have average working range.

So, they tend to lag, even if you put the smartphone in your pocket.